PDA

View Full Version : 32 Long Barrel

StrawHat
12-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Not sure where to post this so if it needs to be moved...

I am looking to get a barrel for the 32 Long cartridge. Round or octagonal doesn't matter but would prefer it to be at least 24" long. If you no longer need yours, please get in touch with me. I have another hairbrained scheme to try to complete.

I no longer have catalogs for the normal Parts Supply Houses so I am hoping a fellow forum member has such a barrel.

Thanks

dubber123
12-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Gunparts has a 32-20 blank, with the right twist and bore/groove. They are 25" long, 1" round,$75.30 ea. They also have a 32 muzzleloader blank, 36" long, 7/8" Octagon profile. They didn't list the Bore/groove on the ML blank though.

Nobade
12-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Green Mountain also lists them as available on their web site. About $75 IIRC.

If we may ask, what is the project? I have something similar going, planning on relining a #4 rolling block rifle. I plan on using a Brownells liner, thought about turning down a barrel since it's cheaper than a liner, but for the time involved I'll just spend the extra $25.

R.M.
12-24-2009, 01:15 PM
I re-barreled 2 of my Walther GSP target pistols in 32 SWL using a .30 cal rifle barrel. I use full wad-cutters only, so it works well for me. A .313" bullet in a .308" barrel with soft lead is no problem at all.

StrawHat
12-25-2009, 07:28 AM
At one time I had a Marlin Ballard chambered for the 32 Long. I had the rifle reworked to accept the 22 WCF. My goal in getting a 32 long barrel is the either turn the Ballard into a switch barrel rifle (slim chance) or rebarrel another rifle to 32 Long. Perhaps a bolt action 22 RF. Just something to occupy my time and brain. It is not going to be a big game rifle and will probably be mostly a cat/rabbit/groundhog short range rifle. Perhaps an American Rook Rifle.

If I had one of the old mini Farquarson actions, it would go in that. A #4 would be sweet also. Any other suggestions?

calaloo
12-25-2009, 03:35 PM
I am restoring a #2 Ballard in .32 Long. I considered changing it to .22 long rifle but decided to put it back like it left the factory. The #2 has a reversable firing pin and can shoot the .32 rimfire or the .32 long Colt with heeled bullets. I have managed to locate 50 or so Long Colt cartridges and have two boxes of .32 Short Colt. I used a T.J.'s Gateway Enterprizes liner for the .32-20. If I can be of any assistance feel free to contact me.

Bret4207
12-26-2009, 07:56 AM
Green Mountain also lists them as available on their web site. About $75 IIRC.

If we may ask, what is the project? I have something similar going, planning on relining a #4 rolling block rifle. I plan on using a Brownells liner, thought about turning down a barrel since it's cheaper than a liner, but for the time involved I'll just spend the extra $25.

If you plan on using the original #4 barrel be advised that the liner requires using a 13mm drill. That leaves you with a VERY THIN barrel wall. You MUST use a piloted drill and some sort of a solid guidance system. Don;t ask me how I came to find this out. Lets just say Green Mtn will be getting a barrel order form me.