PDA

View Full Version : Mould Lube Pencil

Dye
05-23-2006, 07:31 PM
To make a lube pencil take a small tomato sauce can and cut the top about 3/4 of the way around, take the flap and bend it until it brakes off. Solder a 22 case at the top and drill it out.
Than take a McDonalds drink straw and bend about 1/2 in from the bottom and tape it over, make 6 of them now have a 3lb.coffee can full of cold water. I use bees wax fines and a teaspoon of molly powder (can use what you want to for the carrier as long as it hardens) melt it on a hot plate and stir it and pour into the straws and put in the cold water immediately. Than I put them in the freezer for a while to harden. Trim the ends, split them on both sides with a razor blade and remove the straw ,cut into 3 pieces, let them warm up and roll the end to a pencil point with 2 fingers on a hard surface. After the mold is warmed up touch the lube pencil point to the point you want to lube just a touch. This has worked for me for a couple of years with a number of lubes.
Be Carefull Dye

imashooter2
05-23-2006, 09:04 PM
I usually just use old birthday candles.

Buckshot
05-25-2006, 03:21 AM
................Sounds handy, especially if you like graphite or moly in the lube.

.............Buckshot

gutshot_again
05-25-2006, 10:33 AM
I melt lube in boiling water. When it's cool it forms a nice sheet on top of the water that is easy to remove intact. Slightly warmed you can roll it or fold it into the shape you want.