PDA

View Full Version : How many aussie/nz casters here?

sav300
12-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Just wondering how many visit here.Some casters do not have a state or town/city.But that is ok.:smile:
:lovebooli

Buckshot
12-24-2009, 12:22 AM
.............Not enough, so far as I'm concerned :-)

.............Buckshot

PAT303
12-24-2009, 03:53 AM
.............Not enough, so far as I'm concerned :-)

.............Buckshot

I'd agree with that.I'm here,I moved from the Hunter to Kalgoorlie but still cast alot.Did you know Tom Fraser passed away. Pat

Southern Son
12-24-2009, 06:48 AM
I am up in Queensland. Australia is part of Queensland, isn't it?

lead Foot
12-24-2009, 04:16 PM
G'Day Sav;
I live just north of Gin Gin, QLD. I shoot to much and now being summer I have to get up at 5oclock in the morning to cast. Good time to check out the CB forum while the pot warms up.
Lead foot;

Dframe
12-24-2009, 06:27 PM
G-day to all of ya. Glad we have representatives from Australia on board.

Echo
12-24-2009, 06:37 PM
+1 for Dframe - Pleased and proud to share anything with our allies from Down Under.

JeffinNZ
12-25-2009, 03:14 PM
There are small number of Kiwis here.

ihmsakiwi
12-26-2009, 04:28 AM
Ihmsakiwi here in Auckland NZ checking in.

Euan
12-26-2009, 04:55 AM
Another Kiwi Here in Central Otago, wishing everyone here all the best for comeing year, Just finished shooting 47 rabbits this evening with CZ 22 k hornet with CBE 225-42grain gc & 7.7gns Lilgun.
Cheers Euan.

JeffinNZ
12-26-2009, 05:04 AM
Splashing out on powder there Euan........ ;-)

Southern Son
12-26-2009, 05:15 AM
Isn't New Zealand a suburb of Bondi?

Euan
12-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Southern Son,
Don't think so mate. You can keep bondi, I don't know what the attraction is for kiwis there. It just does not do it for me, But I think its a great place, as it stores a lot people there. More room here and not so crowded.

Jeff in NZ,
Yea I know it is a large powder charge, only get 900 odd loads to the pound. But It just won't shoot as well with scottish (small, Little, Mean) Charge of unique, 700x, 4227. 2205 etc.

Chers Guys, Euan.

303Guy
12-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Another one here! [smilie=1:

ihmsakiwi, Auckland isn't part of New Zealand!:kidding: I should know, I live ..... Oops!:mrgreen:

Did you folks know this site is actually dedicated to us? :holysheep See! :bigsmyl2:

Euan, you might try my load of Lil'Gun that drives a 55gr J-word just over 2700fps!:shock: Not that I would recommend it!:mrgreen: A bit of a technique involed.:roll: Plus you only get around 800 rounds per pound!

I would actually like to see more casters and paper patchers down this part of the world!

docone31
12-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Some day, I hope to do some opal mining out there.
Probably cheaper to get rough, and potch on line, but I would miss the flavor.
You folks sure have some beautiful country there.
Lots of room.
I like the outback.

sav300
12-27-2009, 06:55 AM
docone31,have a friend with a opal mine at lightning ridge,maybe if you make a trip here.We go look for opals,

Southern Son
12-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Docone, I spent a year living in a place near Lighting Ridge so I spent a fair bit of time there (they had a great pistol club and the only supermarket within 150kms). I have to warn you that Lighting Ridge is a bit different to other places on planet Earth. But I am told that there were a couple of claims that you could pay to prospect on. Be careful of where you walk out there, they don't really care about where they put a hole. Anywhere will do.

Bigjohn
12-27-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm here, just a few k's away from the southern most point in the state of South Australian.

That's the state with Bill Clinton's Cousin as Premier. If not, they definitely exchanged notes. "I did not have sex with that woman!" :roll:

Bigjohn
12-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Southern Son,
Don't think so mate. You can keep bondi, I don't know what the attraction is for kiwis there. It just does not do it for me, But I think its a great place, as it stores a lot people there. More room here and not so crowded.

Chers Guys, Euan.

Euan, I have bad news for you mate, New Zealand is drifting closer to Australia every day. I think the distance is shortened by about 30cm each year. Now, either you fella's are trying to sneak up on us and take over or Australia is about to get another Island State. Look what happened to the Taswegians :bigsmyl2:

docone31
12-27-2009, 08:52 PM
If I am ever near your neck of the woods, I will definately give a shout!
I saw some photos of the homes dug into opal bearing strata. They shine at night! I am sure, the stone is more like Kroit Boulder Opal, but the colours are amazing. So much history there also.

303Guy
12-27-2009, 09:00 PM
We got gold in dem 'ills over here in NZ. Check this out!

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/303Guy/MVC-428F.jpg

Russell James
12-28-2009, 03:52 AM
Russell James saying "Gday from Townsville Nth Queensland"

sav300
12-28-2009, 07:22 AM
Is this all?[smilie=f:More than I thought.thanks for answering folks.

no34570
12-28-2009, 07:29 AM
no34570 here from East Gippsland Victoria :)

Hi All

peterthevet
12-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Hi from Dandenong Ranges,Melbourne.......originally country NSW lad.

joel0407
12-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Spent the past 9 years travelling around Australia for work but calling Bathurst home. Currently unsettled in Canberra.

Russell James
12-28-2009, 11:49 PM
What part of East Gippsland, no 34570?
Im originally from Traralgon.
Been here in Qld for last 14yrs.

barrabruce
12-29-2009, 06:12 PM
G'day from me
I live in Mourilyan ...East coast down a bit from Cairns.
(where the big cylcone was a few years ago..if anyone remembers one disater from the next after a while).
I think the west coast cops a lot more bad ones thou in my opinion.

Lived out in the Gulf for a year or few but never shot much...missed out on some great pig shooting apparently...All cane and /paw paws and bannanas here.

I will shoot a pig one day or another.....

Russell ever get to the Karramine range / murdering point ??
I shoot there..where pretty casual.

Cheers
Bruce

Gelandangan
01-07-2010, 03:14 AM
Gday, I am at the bigsmoke in Sydney

Euan
01-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Bigjohn;
Getting closer don't worry me too much at all. I have worked in top end NSW, Enjoyed it out in the sticks, some real good people eh. I have a son out WA, Also 2 cousins out west and they have there own businesses. Would sooner be closer to you guys than a lot of others around the joint,
cheers Mate, Euan.

redgum
03-05-2010, 07:10 PM
+ me (sorry I'm late)

oksmle
03-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Mrs. oksmle & her group (30) of crazy ladies will be leaving tomorrow from Christchurch, NZ, for their return to the states. She has been emailing me pictures several times each day, & I'm very impressed with the beauty of your island. The group had also originally planned to visit Australia (part of the package deal), but she & about 15 others decided to stay in NZ for the entire three weeks. You folks really extended the welcome mat. Thank you.

lil.32
03-05-2010, 11:20 PM
G'day boys,
Sorry I am so late but only joined a few days back.
I am on Bribie Island, just off Queensland.
Cheers,
Greg

Big John,
Bribie is also sneaking up on Oz and we are well ahead of the Taswegians and way, way ahead of the Kiwis at the moment. Not far to go in fact!
Greg

heathydee
03-06-2010, 03:13 AM
Bathurst NSW.
Australia's best address . Four Fingers of Death lives just up the road too .

joel0407
03-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Bathurst NSW.
Australia's best address . Four Fingers of Death lives just up the road too .

I thought Days Tyres and Brakes were lying when they said I was not the only person collecting lead for boolits.[smilie=s:

In Canberra now but still call Bx home and that were most of my shooting is done. I'm back there usually once every couple of weeks to visit oldies and brother.

Echo
03-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Didn't mean to slight you Kiwis & Taswegians in my previous post. We visited Oz about 20 years ago - #2 son was working at Hawker-DeHavilland on NOTAR helo. Also went up the Cairns, and had the best fish meal ever (barrimundi) and that is saying something, from a guy who hails from the Texas Gulf coast. Loved the three weeks we were there. Did no shooting, however...

JeffinNZ
03-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Mrs. oksmle & her group (30) of crazy ladies will be leaving tomorrow from Christchurch, NZ, for their return to the states. She has been emailing me pictures several times each day, & I'm very impressed with the beauty of your island. The group had also originally planned to visit Australia (part of the package deal), but she & about 15 others decided to stay in NZ for the entire three weeks. You folks really extended the welcome mat. Thank you.

I live within 5 minutes of the CHCH airport and would be happy to wave them off wearing my purple longjohns. Tell her to look for the bunnies on the roundabout.

heathydee
03-06-2010, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=joel0407;831947]I thought Days Tyres and Brakes were lying when they said I was not the only person collecting lead for boolits.[smilie=s:

I cleaned Ray out just last week .

no34570
03-06-2010, 07:11 PM
What part of East Gippsland, no 34570?
Im originally from Traralgon.
Been here in Qld for last 14yrs.

Sorry for the late reply mate,don't check in much,usually go straight to group buys forum and read.

Bemm River is where me is at:redneck:

dawallace45
03-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Well I'm still here , started with the old Shooters.com site and still call in here from time to time , not as much as I'd like to , sort of lost touch a bit when I was building the new house but will be calling in more and more as I get time to get back to shooting again , probably haven't made a post in the last couple of years but have been checking in when I get time

I'm here in Beautiful down town Miriam Vale Qld , I like this place , it's very small , matter of fact the population doubles every time a tour bus stops for fuel

David

Ron
03-08-2010, 06:13 AM
G"day all from Skye on the Mornington Peninsula, about 40 k's south of Melbourne.
Retired and loving it.

Von Gruff
03-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Add another Kiwi to the mix. Cast these with 65gn soft points of 50/50 ww/pb on lino shank in Lyman 160gn mould for my 7x57 and run them at 2415fps over 39gn 2209 for death in the long grass ( actually in the Central Otago Hills) for the ferel goats

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/VonGruff/001-5.jpg

Load 11.5gn Red Dot behind same bullet in 50/50 for volume plinking.

Von Gruff.

hydraulic
03-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Hope you guys in Queesland aren't hurt by the flooding down there.

lead Foot
03-09-2010, 04:13 AM
Talkin' about rain we have had over 28" since the end of January. We saw some sun today but more rain forcast tomorrow.:???:
Lead foot;

Ron
03-09-2010, 06:19 AM
Melbourne was hit by some freak weather at the weekend past, heavy rain, sleet and, would you believe hail stones the size of tennis balls. roads & houses flooded The insurance companies are coping a hiding on payouts. Both of my brothers cars look like someone took a ballpeen hammer to them. His next door neighbour lost the brass valve from his hot water service when it was hit by a hailstone. Five schools were closed due to hail damage and flooding, the damage is in the millions.

Having said that, I am glad I am not in Northern NSW or Queensland which are both inundated with floods. Pity all that water going to waste couldn't be captured and sent down south where we badly need it, might help to break the drought.

peterthevet
03-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Well I managed to get caught smack bang in the middle of the hailstorm......managed to get the nose of the car under a "thickish" bush but rest of car looks like it has been a few rounds with Ali. I could not believe the size of the hail.....huge white baseballs rolling down windscreen after punching their way through the above mentioned shrub. Very loud inside the car and I was sure the rear screen was going to shatter (as happened to other nearby cars!!). Called insurance today (wifes car also hammered) and they wanted the excess payment up front....$600 for mine and $500 for the wifes......what the.............!!!!!So we are out of pocket $1100.00 before cars are even assessed!

Gelandangan
03-11-2010, 03:15 AM
. Called insurance today (wifes car also hammered) and they wanted the excess payment up front....$600 for mine and $500 for the wifes......what the.............!!!!!So we are out of pocket $1100.00 before cars are even assessed!

That can't be right??
Usually they take out the excess off the insurance final payments,
NOT getting you to pay before the assessments?

I totaled my car last Xmas, and I never have to fork out excess until they send me my payment cheque (minus the excess)

Who insure your car?
It may be a good company to avoid.

barrabruce
03-11-2010, 06:47 AM
Seems like the drought is starting to break up here in FNth Qld.
You lot are getting all our rain.
Hope you can use it.
We have had rain but not much really this year.
Hope you's all are safe and well.
I don't own land so it don't help me ..but Iv'e had to turn the hose on twice this wet season!!!
Barra

peterthevet
03-11-2010, 07:42 PM
GIO is the insurance company - I managed to talk them into only paying one lot of excess up front...if the wifes car is written off then they will take that excess off final payout. My car won't be written off. Insurance companies are ripoff merchants but you need them in your life......arrrgh!!! A case of suck it up, grimace and move on I suppose!!!!

barrabruce
03-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Suncorp is better but there wern't a lot of happy chappies about after the cyclone thou.
You have to be a phillidalfia lawyer to figure out what you are realy covered for....
Lots of people got big surprises!!!!

Barra

smokemjoe
03-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Diont forget CBE and Big Bullets down therer.

1Shirt
03-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Never met an Auzzi that I didn't like! They have a great sense of humor. Agree with Buckshot, need more on line here!
1Shirt!:coffee: