PDA

View Full Version : GC thickness

edsmith
12-22-2009, 02:29 AM
I just got a freechex ll from the guy on ebay,it is for .357 what thickness of alu. should I use ? I have some .09 flashing, I made some checks from that,but I can pull them off with my finger nail after sizing them,is that something I should be concerned about? I size them through a lee sizer.thanks

StarMetal
12-22-2009, 10:45 AM
I just got a freechex ll from the guy on ebay,it is for .357 what thickness of alu. should I use ? I have some .09 flashing, I made some checks from that,but I can pull them off with my finger nail after sizing them,is that something I should be concerned about? I size them through a lee sizer.thanks

Sure is, the flashing is too thin. You need a thicker material.

Joe

Mugs
12-22-2009, 01:16 PM
edsmith
Ck. the sticky Gas Checks vs. Shank Size. There's a chart of gas check sizes & material thickness. Possibly your mold is casting a undersize gas check shank.
Mugs
IHMSA 5940L

RU shooter
12-22-2009, 05:03 PM
You need to make up the difference between shank dia. and your sized dia.with matl. If your chex fits a little loose on the boolit shank take a hair off the punch with some emery cloth. If the chex is too small on the OD either use thicker matl. or open up the hole in the forming die a little over your sized dia.So when you size it gets tight on the shank.

Tim