PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Shoot

primerless
12-21-2009, 01:38 AM
We have spent Christmas at my parents for the last fourty-nine years. My parents are getting a little older, and preparing for the family to come over for Christmas was getting a little harder for them.

We had the last Thanksgiving out here at my place and it was just great! Some of the family brought some guns to shoot, but not all. So now that the word is out that Christmas is at our place, all are bringing there favorite toys to shoot.

After the little ones open there gifts, the big kids get to play with there new toys! I am getting a little excited to spend the day shooting with such a great and loving family.

Hope all here have a Merry Christmas!.....Looks like mine is going to be a fun day.

lwknight
12-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Those family get togethers are usually good.
You should make em all shoot into a trap and keep their lead LOL :lol:

Doc Highwall
12-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Don't forget to post pictures.

awaveritt
12-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Families outdoors, shooting - a great scene enacted all over this great land of ours during holidays. These are the bonds that will keep shooting at the forefront of the American pscyhe and go a long way toward protecting our threatened traditions.

Recent shooting events have provided some of the best opportunities for me getting to know and love my two new son-in-laws.

Planning to do some more over the Christmas week/weekend. (will be breaking out my new Marlin 1894c) [smilie=p:

Be safe and Merry Christmas!

primerless
12-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Awaveritt, you hit it on the head. Thanks for saying what I feal..... but can not put into words.

Good luck with the 1894c.

Shiloh
12-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Yahoo says Vidor TX will be 53 degrees Christmas Day.

SHould be a great time. Might break 30 here. I'd be surprized if it makes it to 25. It'll be windy and snowing to boot!!

SHiloh

WHITETAIL
12-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Yes, need pics.:drinks:

primerless
12-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Lows in the upper 30's High should be 52. That sure beats 30...Shiloh, theoretically I should have a steadier hand at 52 degrees. I will try to post pics of family, but not of my target.

Edubya
12-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Don't worry about impressing anyone, your heart and soul are in the right place. Your heart will be so full and the activities will have you at full function, you'll surprise yourself. We're all with you, in spirit.
Enjoy the time that you can spend with loved ones.
EW

Wayne Smith
12-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Enjoy yourselves greatly! Not Christmas, but New Years eve and day I will be teaching my nephew's college roommate how to shoot. Safety and functioning first, then to the range. A couple of years ago I did this with my nephew, who's parents don't shoot and aren't interested.

This roommate is facinated with the Civil War apparantly, and I have a LeMat and a Rogers and Spencer and a Patterson (all replicas, naturally) that he can play with.