PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 94 AE ejector spring

softpoint
12-18-2009, 10:02 PM
I have a .44 magnum Winchester 94, One of the "packer" models. The rifle wouldn't eject, it would just pull the cases clear of the chamber and drop them back in the action. I pulled the rifle apart and stretched the ejector spring Now the rifle does eject every time, but not very forcefully. Does anyone have a source for a stiffer spring ? it would have to be very close to the same diameter. Or is there another fix for this problem?:smile:

Trailblazer
12-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Winchester sells parts. Find their website and there will be a phone number there.

30hrrtt
12-19-2009, 01:16 AM
I have the 94 AE Trapper in 44 mag with the same problem/situation. Did the same thing when I bought it. I replaced it with a new Winchester spring and now they just go over the edge, IF I cycle it fast enough. I am a little concerned that it will not go over on a follow up shot on a big'un

Definitely not like the old top eject fired shell launchers.

softpoint
12-19-2009, 04:04 AM
I have the 94 AE Trapper in 44 mag with the same problem/situation. Did the same thing when I bought it. I replaced it with a new Winchester spring and now they just go over the edge, IF I cycle it fast enough. I am a little concerned that it will not go over on a follow up shot on a big'un

Definitely not like the old top eject fired shell launchers.

That's what I'm concerned about, it works now, but just throws them clear by a couple inches, and I'm thinking if the spring loses any of the stretch I put in it ,it will stop working again.

fecmech
12-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Take out the ejector spring and measure the wire diameter,spring diameter and number of coils per inch and have the data ready. Give the guy at Wolf gun springs a call and explain you want a little more spring power. I think he will come up with a stronger spring that will work for you.
I had a problem with my Beretta 390 shotgun not firing harder primers, I put a new beretta hammer spring in , no help. Called Wolf, gave him the specs and he sold me a spring from a Ruger P-85 pistol which I had to cut for length but it was the right size in the other dimensions. No more hard primer problems with my 390. The p-85 spring was a slightly larger wire diameter and a few more coils per inch.