PDA

View Full Version : Marble's Bullseye rear sight

yondering
12-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Have any of you tried the Marble's Bullseye rear sight? It's a ghost ring sight, with a twist; there are two rings instead of just one. I just put one on my 12 gauge slug barrel and really like it. It fits a standard 3/8" dovetail slot (although mine was a little big) and comes in 3 sizes.
The factory sights on my Mossberg slug barrel were pretty poor; they are more or less the same thing on the Ruger 10/22's. I found it hard to get a good consistent sight picture, and a reciever mounted peep sight wasn't practical since I switch barrels a lot.

A friend pointed out that it looks like the sights on some WWII fighter planes.

Just thought I'd share my findings.

Here's a couple pictures of the sight, and what the sight picture looks like. note: My sight is mounted backwards, with the elevator removed, because that's what worked on my barrel.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c26/zthang43/Misc/IMG_2808.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c26/zthang43/Misc/IMG_2815.jpg

coyotebait
12-18-2009, 08:46 PM
This bullseye sight looks intresting. I may try one on a Marlin 94 and see if it works for me.
coyotebait

hutxn
02-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Dear yondering,

I have a rifled barrel similar to yours and I am trying to remove a flip up/down sight that broke that is now present.

Did you previously have such a sight and how did you remove it?
I am wondering if I should take out the pin in the sight to remove it or drive the whole thing out as you have spoken of? (I have obviously never removed or installed a dovetail sight.)

Thank you, hutxn

hutxn
02-10-2011, 09:00 AM
correction:

I meant mine is a rifled SIGHTS barrel, not meaning to imply that I had a rifled bore barrel and its a 20 gauge. thank you for your patience.

Pepe Ray
02-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Yondering;
FYI--Try to not succumb to the false advertising of some of the newer manufacturers of sights.
This is NOT a "Ghost Ring Sight".
No matter how wonderfully it performs for you, it is NOT a ghost ring sight by ANY standard or description.
Pepe Ray