PDA

View Full Version : Saeco lube sizer-Help needed

TNsailorman
12-18-2009, 01:37 PM
I have no working knowledge of the Redding-Saeco bullet sizer and lubricator. Are these good units? Do they work as well as, say , a Lyman or RCBS? What are the drawbacks, if any? I know where there is one that is in like new condition and I think I can get it for around $150.00--if its not sold already. I am going to get back into casting even tho the Doc says NO. I am familiar with the Lyman 450 but I have never even seen a Saeco up close and personal. I Need someone with experience on one to educate me. Thanks, James

testhop
12-18-2009, 01:55 PM
i have one and love it i have 2 stars ( one broke) i use the saeco for rifle boolits.
and the star for pistol .
and the $150 is a good price .

BABore
12-18-2009, 01:59 PM
They are built beefier than the other two you mention. The lube is also pressurized by a die spring, so you can get 20-30 boolits through without touching it. The dies and top punches are definitely more expensive the H&I dies by about $5 each. They are definitely top notch. It takes me about 3-4 minutes to change over to a different boolit size. I mounted mine to a 3/4" thick aluminum plate, which in turn is mounted to my bench. I set an iron on the plate to heat things up.

TNsailorman
12-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the replies. But it got clean away whilst I was studying the situation over. Oh, well. There'll be another one come along some time. And I did find out some information on the Redding-Saeco. Later, James