PDA

View Full Version : Wc820 ??

deepwaterco
12-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Good morning and happy Friday to all!!! I should introduce my self here, I have been floating around here for a while and have very much enjoyed the content. I have been shooting and reloading and casting boolits since I was 8 yrs old and I grew-up on the largest gunclub in Colorado. Guns,casting & reloading are a true passion for me just like most of you on here. I own a number of classic caliber long guns but handguns (big bore wheelguns) are my favorite! I just got my first FA in .475 Linebaugh and liked it so much I got a .41 mag as well. So here is my ? has anybody used wc820 (AA burn rate) in .475 or .41 and to what results? I have several pounds of this stuff that was given to me by a friend. I am casting LBT 400gn WFN .476 and LBT 250 WFN .411s. Any help would be most wonderful!! I am hoping to go after some elk next season here in Colorado with my .475 Deepwatercolorado

mike in co
12-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Good morning and happy Friday to all!!! I should introduce my self here, I have been floating around here for a while and have very much enjoyed the content. I have been shooting and reloading and casting boolits since I was 8 yrs old and I grew-up on the largest gunclub in Colorado. Guns,casting & reloading are a true passion for me just like most of you on here. I own a number of classic caliber long guns but handguns (big bore wheelguns) are my favorite! I just got my first FA in .475 Linebaugh and liked it so much I got a .41 mag as well. So here is my ? has anybody used wc820 (AA burn rate) in .475 or .41 and to what results? I have several pounds of this stuff that was given to me by a friend. I am casting LBT 400gn WFN .476 and LBT 250 WFN .411s. Any help would be most wonderful!! I am hoping to go after some elk next season here in Colorado with my .475 Deepwatercolorado

i use 820/aa9 burn rate in my 44 mags at the monthly steel shoot at the aurora gun club.
what range are you talking about. the powder seems to like medium to full charges. some have had poor ignition on lite loads.

mike in co

deepwaterco
12-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Good morning mike!! Aurora would be the one! All though it has been 10 yrs since I have been there! George Bender My old grandpappy was the caretaker for 15 yrs. I use to shoot in the mag shoots as well when Dave Allen was still running them! I loved shooting the tip-overs at 50yd but also enjoyed the winter shoots when we used the swingers on the rimfire range out to 200m

frank505
12-18-2009, 01:55 PM
22 grains of lot #47320, starline brass, cci 350, a 405 gr Keith does 1169 with a sd of 3 in my 4.75 inch six shooter. No more is needed and of course cylinder walls are pretty thin so no more is wanted. After 4000 rounds through this gun and lots of critters it is a proven load for me. The gun has held up very well in all this, we measured many times in the first thousand rounds but no movement of any parts. The guys who built this six shot 475 dont really want alot of them out there. It was built for me as they know I wont sell or trade it, although good son will end up with it someday, maybe before it is completely worn out, he hopes.

Lloyd Smale
12-19-2009, 08:08 AM
like frank i use 22 t0 23 grains of it with a 400 in the 475 but in my FA gun i stop at 22 as the bullets are seated deaper then my linebaugh. and it the 41 try around 17 to start with using a 230. I use cci 350s about all the time unless i cant find any.

mike in co
12-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Good morning mike!! Aurora would be the one! All though it has been 10 yrs since I have been there! George Bender My old grandpappy was the caretaker for 15 yrs. I use to shoot in the mag shoots as well when Dave Allen was still running them! I loved shooting the tip-overs at 50yd but also enjoyed the winter shoots when we used the swingers on the rimfire range out to 200m

if you look at the newsletter...my name and number is in the list under mil bolt action bench rest

mike in co