PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Bad, The what is it.

Changeling
12-16-2009, 03:28 PM
This is just something that happened last night.

I was in the basement looking for a tarp my neighbor wanted to borrow. When underneath my work bench I noticed some metal sheets, I tried pulling them out and discovered that it was sheets of lead about 24x24 inches, man I mean heavy! Then I found about a dozen round ingots about 6 inches in diameter and 4 to5 inches thick. I came back to me that my neighbor had given me all this years ago and I had totally forgotten about. I still don't know exactly how much is under the bench! Have to wait till I am feeling a lot better to pull it all out.:groner:

When he came and got the tarp I asked him if he remembered what it was and he said it was vague but knew that some was Linotype, it was 15 years ago he gave it to me.:smile:

Gunslinger
12-16-2009, 03:31 PM
That's just as good as recieving it all over again!

If you've lino for 15 years I'd say you don'ally need it and should ship it to someone who would really appreciate it :smile:

Jayhem
12-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Nice! I have lead sheets like that. They came out of an X-ray room at a hospital that was torn down in WV.

Hickory
12-16-2009, 05:31 PM
[smilie=w:
Well it looks like you had a classic case of amneasia.
It happened to me also. See link below for full details.:veryconfu

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=64020

lwknight
12-16-2009, 05:45 PM
I found $500.00 in a book one time that I had forgotten about. It was as much fun as finding it in the street.
Another time I found 3 paychecks that I had forgot to cash. They were about to expire. That was great too.

jhrosier
12-16-2009, 08:11 PM
The best thing about CRS is that every day is like Christmas.:smile:

Jack

lwknight
12-16-2009, 09:20 PM
If I and my wife were cursed to have altzheimers, I hope we get it together. Everytime will be like the first time.

Navahojoe
12-16-2009, 10:06 PM
It won't be long before we can hide our own Easter Eggs!

regards,
NavahoJoe :drinks:

454PB
12-16-2009, 10:34 PM
I may lose my watch, comb, or keys.........but $500 or linotype!

NEVER!

Changeling
12-18-2009, 03:29 PM
[smilie=w:
Well it looks like you had a classic case of amneasia.
It happened to me also. See link below for full details.:veryconfu

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=64020

Unfortunately it wasn't quite like that in my case.

I had been in my house about a year and at the time I was a BIG TIME small mouth bass fishing nut and made my own jigs.

My neighbor was a big time hunter and had tried casting (with out advise) and it didn't work for him. So he just hauled it over to my place and put it under my work bench and told me later that he had left me some lead under the bench for making jigs, OK, nice neighbor BTW. Then I shoved some other things under there that hid the lead from sight, until now.
He told me that him and a friend of his had cast this stuff at his friends house. They made those sheets of lead and the ingots.
Get this, now he tells me there is probably a lot more around the house somewhere and he will look for it. YES, I did tell him what it was worth now, he started laughing and said you dam liar, get out of here. We have a very good friendship.

Hickory, don't worry about it, my friends are always accidentally throwing things at me, LOL.
That was a heck of a thing to have happen to you!

Gotta go now, Navahojoe is coming over, were going to hide Easter eggs, LOLAL!