View Full Version : Mountain Mold company.

Changeling
12-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Have many of you had dealings with this company? My understanding is that they are A1, but I really don't know. Do they stand behind there products with a great guarantee or is it a bit loose.

crabo
12-14-2009, 06:58 PM
He makes really nice molds. I have 3 and will probably get more in the future. The big drawback is you can usually only get a 3 cavity. Some of our new mold makers are giving us 5 and 6 for the big booits which is nice.

Changeling
12-14-2009, 07:08 PM
He makes really nice molds. I have 3 and will probably get more in the future. The big drawback is you can usually only get a 3 cavity. Some of our new mold makers are giving us 5 and 6 for the big booits which is nice.

Thanks for the response, I just got back from there web site and I couldn't find the cost of there molds anywhere and I went through everything except the software, do you happen to know?

mag44uk
12-14-2009, 07:12 PM
On the website choose any calibre from the online design box top left.
All the prices are in a drop down box in the design area.
2 cav ally $85 and 3 cav ally $120.
HTH
Tony

scb
12-14-2009, 08:15 PM
They've made two moulds for me and have been very happy with both of them. As far as "standing behind them" goes I've never had to test it.

waksupi
12-14-2009, 08:26 PM
I have never had a problem with his molds. He is my "go-to" supplier, as I can design what I want.

12-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Highest quality molds I have by far. All mine are iron. Don't know how you could break one! I know, very rarely, MM has cut a mold that is not to the specs as ordered. I know that Dan has made that right with the purchaser. So rare....may have happened once or twice? Don't expect too much sympathy tho if you screw up the specs on the design program and order the wrong mold. Study the DETAILS of the bullet as you design it. Then study again! Understand all the little nuances of the design and specs and details within the design program! Then order the mold. The 6 or 7 MM molds I have are exactly as I have designed and ordered. Dan uses a lathe bore system so can't do the fancy multi-ogive round nose stuff but within the system limitations, you can come very close to most any design by adjusting the details. If the effort is put into the design then well worth it and well worth the $.

Glen
12-14-2009, 10:24 PM
I have several moulds made by Mountain Molds and am very pleased with each and every one of them. Dan does very nice work. I particularly like the brass moulds he makes.

Changeling
12-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks to all, thats the kind of feedback I was looking for. I intend to learn some more before I take the plunge.

JSnover
12-15-2009, 05:26 PM
He does excellent work. Turn-around time was pretty short when I bought mine and the price was a lot less than I'd expect for a custom mold.