PDA

View Full Version : Adapting Dillon Roller-Handle to Redding presses?

Agent Ronin
12-14-2009, 12:10 PM
After sizing about 2000 9mm cases over the past few evenings i had a thought... (scary i know haha)

I was wondering if anyone has tried or has successfully adapted a Dillon Roller-Handle to work with the Redding T-7 or Ultra-Mag presses?

I bet i could get it to work, but I need to pack up my reloading gear since i will be moving in a few weeks otherwise I would start engineering the part.

Hardcast416taylor
12-14-2009, 01:27 PM
I`ve often thought the same wish for my Hornady Pro-Jector when doing a large amount of pistol cartridges.:bigsmyl2:Robert

45nut
12-14-2009, 01:33 PM
I am sure lathesmith could make you a roller handle once supplied with the machine specs. check out his thread for the Star handles in the vendor sponsor area for more info. :-)

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
12-15-2009, 12:21 PM
It's been done with a Hornady LnL before. The guy that did it, Idano on another forum, cut the Dillon threads off the end (as in hacksawed) and recut new threads to match the Hornady LnL thread size. Worked great for him.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Agent Ronin
12-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Well i think once things settle down a bit next month after i finish moving all the **** I have managed to accumulate I'll take another look at this...

But what i see now is the Redding presses have their handle parallel to the press ram. Where the Dillon handles have (guessing here) a 30 degree offset. So my thought was, to just hack the ball off the redding handle, and weld the roller off of a Dillon onto the end. I have a 200amp arc and a oxy-acetlene torch handy so i might as well do that.

Im not sure if i can fabricate or have someone else make the equivalent for the 45$ that the dillon roller handle would cost me.