PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy casting supplies in VA?

boatswainsmate
12-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi All,
I was just wondering if anyone gets their supplies local in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia? Thanks in Advance Boats

Houndog
12-13-2009, 01:58 AM
Boats,
I don't know anyone in your area, but I get mine from the following sources:
Midway Shooting Supply
Midsouth Shooting Supply
Natchez Shooting Supply
Widner's Shooting Supply
Graf and Sons
All of these suppliers have web sites.
You will be lucky to find boolet casting supplies in a gun shop because it isn't something Most shooters or reloaders do.

TAWILDCATT
12-13-2009, 01:17 PM
I get mine from midsouthshooters.com.I like their cat.30 % off on Lee and others.

Green Frog
12-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Hey boats, is Bob's still there in Norfolk??

Froggie

edsmith
12-13-2009, 06:36 PM
when I lived in richmond va,I got my stuff from a outfit called green top.don't know if there is any in your area.they had a lot of lee stuff-pots,molds,ect.

Ajax
12-13-2009, 08:11 PM
bobs in norfolk is about the only place i have found around here and they don have a great selection. there is also greentop up towards richmond and also gander mtn same area.

Andy

boatswainsmate
12-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks for all the Help. I guess I will end up doing most of my business online. Boats

mooman76
12-13-2009, 08:33 PM
There is vertually no casting supplies around here. For a short time we had the sportsmans mall but it closed and it didn't have much anyway. Occasionally I will see some in a pawn shop but haven't see anything I could use. It's a waste of gas for me to even look.

Sprue
12-13-2009, 08:35 PM
when I lived in richmond va,I got my stuff from a outfit called green top.don't know if there is any in your area.they had a lot of lee stuff-pots,molds,ect.

I had to make a business trip to Richmond last summer and was directed to Green Top which is a little north of Glen Allen.

They had a lot of stuff, RCBS Molds, you name it. I've never been to a NON big box store that had the selection as they had. I spent a little quality time in there.

Looks like its a little over hundred miles from Va Beach though.

Wayne Smith
12-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Bob's carries a good supply of Lee stuff, but thats it for around here. I do most of my business online, and most of my molds through the guys here that make them. I've never been to Green Top, but I am also told that they carry a good variety.

Dark Helmet
12-15-2009, 09:56 PM
If'n I want it Bob's nor Greentop has it.

phaessler
12-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Ok, where are they?? Might be up for a roadtrip, and Gun Shops are always good for a drive :)
City or town would suffice. Thanks
Pete

10 ga
12-16-2009, 01:57 AM
There is a swapin and sellin forum here! Use it, works good, pretty much in all 50 states and a lot of other countries too! Works for want to buy as well as want to sell. Oh yeah, Greentop has their own website. You can check that out and call to check on an item before you make the trip. They are good people to deal with. There is a Bass Pro larger than Hampton just down the road too. 10 ga

Changeling
12-16-2009, 03:46 PM
There is a swapin and sellin forum here! Use it, works good, pretty much in all 50 states and a lot of other countries too! Works for want to buy as well as want to sell. Oh yeah, Greentop has their own website. You can check that out and call to check on an item before you make the trip. They are good people to deal with. There is a Bass Pro larger than Hampton just down the road too. 10 ga

Don't forget to sign up for "Green Tops" once a year sales flyer, the prices will amaze you.

trk
12-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Ok, where are they?? Might be up for a roadtrip, and Gun Shops are always good for a drive :)
City or town would suffice. Thanks
Pete

Greentop Sporting Goods Inc‎
10193 Washington Highway, Glen Allen, VA‎

WILCO
12-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Midway Shooting Supply
Midsouth Shooting Supply
Natchez Shooting Supply

That's where I get all my supplies.

canebreaker
12-17-2009, 10:06 AM
fmreloading.com is another place to try.

midsouthshooters will charge extra for orders under 20.00.

Leadforbrains
12-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Green top stocks some casting supplies. I have bought a ladle, two boolit molds, ingot mold, sizer dies, and an RCBS Lubrisizer from them.