PDA

View Full Version : .45 Blackhawk accuracy

Bucks Owin
12-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Excuse the photo, my "good" camera is busted. (Actually the battery door) But I just figured some who worry too much (like me!) about the older .45 Blackhawk's fat throats (mine are .456") might feel cheered by this 25 yd group with factory Win 225 gr Silvertips: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/BucksOwin/038.jpg Like a dummy, I went to check the target after first 3 rounds, I'll let you guess which three!....FWIW, Dennis

Firebricker
12-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Nice group Bucks. FB

Wally
12-10-2009, 05:07 PM
How well does it do using cast bullets?

Hardcast416taylor
12-10-2009, 05:13 PM
I just tell people after a very nice group starts to go South, "I just can`t stand prosperity"!Robert:lol:

Wally
12-10-2009, 05:29 PM
This summer I shot two groups at abouyt 50' with mine....same gun...

The first two shots just about touched each other--the third was one inch away----next group the first two were w/i 1/4" inch of touching..the next round was two inches away---what was so curious is that on bost groups the first two shots looked like the same pattern--that third shot was always slanted away from the first two in the 11 o'clock position.

Bucks Owin
12-11-2009, 12:08 PM
This summer I shot two groups at abouyt 50' with mine....same gun...

The first two shots just about touched each other--the third was one inch away----next group the first two were w/i 1/4" inch of touching..the next round was two inches away---what was so curious is that on bost groups the first two shots looked like the same pattern--that third shot was always slanted away from the first two in the 11 o'clock position. So you think as the cylinder "lightens" it is affecting your group? Hmmmm. Maybe a Belt Mtn pin would help? (Hopefully 44man will chime in on that)....In my case I think that in looking at the target and getting excited about a potential sub 1" group, I just got the jitters. Also maybe a slightly different grip for the final 2 shots....Dennis (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!) :violin:

Wally
12-11-2009, 12:33 PM
I am not sure what caused the phenonemnon. I suppose that I should have fiird it from one cylinder chamber, single shot.

44man
12-11-2009, 01:18 PM
No, the amount of rounds in the cylinder does not change things. I load five and shoot five. I do not mark chambers either.
I am the only nut behind the gun and I am the only one to screw up a shot.

Bucks Owin
12-11-2009, 01:35 PM
I am the only nut behind the gun and I am the only one to screw up a shot.
Yeah, that's what we were afraid of....:bigsmyl2: Dennis (who admits flinching with anything that burns powder and some that don't!) [smilie=l: