PDA

View Full Version : stipling polymer frame--DIY ???

DanOH
12-09-2009, 06:56 PM
I have seen pics of some sweet stipling jobs done on polymer frame pistols and have wondered if this could be an easy DIY project.
Anybody here done this? What tools are needed?
The only plastic gun I have right now is a KelTec p11 that could use some aggressive stipling ...don't think could hurt resale value much ...

thanks,
Dan Robinson

dubber123
12-09-2009, 07:07 PM
A fellow at the range did his STI .45. He used the checkered button off a 1911 mag release, and just heated it and pressed it in. VERY grippy.

Edubya
12-09-2009, 07:27 PM
I have seen pics of some sweet stipling jobs done on polymer frame pistols and have wondered if this could be an easy DIY project.
Anybody here done this? What tools are needed?
The only plastic gun I have right now is a KelTec p11 that could use some aggressive stipling ...don't think could hurt resale value much ...

thanks,
Dan Robinson

You need to practice on something, might as well practice on your KelTec:kidding:

I think that if I was going to do this, I'd go to the WalMart and buy a couple of toy guns and work them over first.
EW

EMC45
12-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Soldering iron or wood burning tool.

arcticbreeze
12-09-2009, 10:30 PM
I was going to do the same thing on my Glock 23 so I too a worn out old STI grip section that I had replaced to practice on. After about 3 hours of practice with various methods I lost my nerve and left the gun the way it was. You may have more guts than I. I do like the look and feel on a polymer gun. If you decide to go ahead, please post pics.

Good Luck
Marc

DanOH
01-03-2010, 10:35 PM
I decided to try it out after finding a number of "how to's" on YOUTUBE.
I used a 30 watt soldering iron with a flat tip.
I tried it on an airsoft magazine first and it didn't look too bad so I decided to take the plunge with my KelTec.
It turned out ok, definitely grippy.
To be honest it was hard to stop once I got started...

DanOH
01-03-2010, 10:41 PM
different angle

MtGun44
01-04-2010, 12:46 AM
The P11 looks real good!

A friend started on his Glock and now does it for others for a fee.
I have handled his frames after rework, it feels good in the hand.

Bill

MIKEONE
01-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Ive done a few Glocks with just a punch and a hammer. I like the small hole size.

I have some wood stippling punches coming in that may be just the ticket.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/mikeone_photo/gs.jpg