PDA

View Full Version : Kahr M1 Carbines?

LIMPINGJ
12-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I am thinking about getting for the grandkids and I to play with. I can get a NIB one for not much more than some of the CMP ones. Some of the CMP are pretty nice and some I have seen have a lot of wear. Does anyone have one and can tell me about the quality. Since I am not concerned about paying for a collector grade carbine just one to shoot I thought the one by Kahr might be a good idea since everything is new with no wear.

richbug
12-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I only have experience with one, it was an absolute lemon. It was reasonably accurate for a carbine, but wouldn't cycle reliably with any ammo or magazines we tried.

ripper90
12-10-2009, 07:24 PM
I have one by Auto Ordinance which is the company Kahr bought and mine was made in 2007 probably before the buy out but it is still the same rifle. It shoots good and very few feeding problems. Probably my ammo is at fault more the the rifle. I have been shooting cast bullets and trying different loads. 12 grains of Lil Gun and a 115 grain GC bullet lubed with Xlox shoots very well with no leading what so ever.

leadman
12-18-2009, 12:09 AM
I was at the range one day and a fellow had one he was letting his grandkids shoot. They were using old surplus ammo and had no feeding issues and was as accurate as most carbines.
We chatted awhile because I had my 2 CMP carbines there and was shooting cast in them.
He did not want his brass so I chased it down and took it home.