PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning hulls

wonderwolf
12-09-2009, 03:05 PM
How do you guys clean your hulls if they get a little dirty? I've been finding out that the tumbler and corn cob gets them rather dusty....Thinking about using larger glass beads in the rotary. I get range pick up that have seen a rain or two, and want to clean them in bulk instead of hitting them with a soft wire brush.

peter nap
12-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Dishwasher (Plastic only)

oneokie
12-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Washing machine and some type of dishwasher detergent. (non foaming)

sargenv
12-09-2009, 07:18 PM
I never wash em. Usually they wear out by the time they get too dirty to load.

randyrat
12-09-2009, 08:17 PM
The thought had never entered my mind, but i may give it a go. I'll use vinegar, a little dish soap and hot water. Maybe my hands won't get so dirty/black when i shoot trap.
After, I'll rinse real good and let them dry.

Kskybroom
12-09-2009, 08:37 PM
+1 on washing machine an dishwashing detergent,But i put the hulls in a fish net bag. Deprime hulls fisrt thay dry a lot faster..Use warm water hot water shrinks plastic.. (dont ask)

phaessler
12-09-2009, 09:40 PM
LOL Kskybroom, could I get some 20ga if I hot water my 12ga hulls??? just had to ask, not busting chops. Sort of like using crest toothpaste to polish mold "cavities". I wash car parts in the dishwasher when the wife is out, migth try the washing machine for shotshell hulls, tumble dryer with lots of towels and no heat would speed that up Im sure too.

diehard
12-10-2009, 06:43 AM
I've never seen any need to wash a hull. Besides, if you are using Federal "Hi-Power"-style hulls like I often do--the ones with the paper basewad--isn't the objective to make sure they have never been wet?

For you guys that use the dishwasher and washing machine....can I assume you are washing only compression formed hulls?

Four Fingers of Death
12-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Garbage bin.