PDA

View Full Version : Removing Model 94 mag. tube

Hardcast416taylor
12-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Caan someone tell me how I should remove the mag. tube on a long barreled Model 94 Classic. The fore end cap is being replaced and the fore end is being re-finished. Just how do I remove the tube and front dove tailed tube clamp up under the front sight on the barrel. This is a chore I have never attempted which is why I`m asking.Robert

looseprojectile
12-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Take out the screw on the end that goes into the barrel hole. Remove the plug spring and follower. Plug is under spring pressure. Drive the pin out of the barrel band just back from the front. Take out the screws from the forend cap.
Slide the tube forward an inch or so and move the magazine tube and forend sideways, band twists out. Ought to do it. On some you can just pull the mag. tube out after knocking out the pin from the band but that tends to scratch the tube.
Hope this gets it for you.

StarMetal
12-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Take out the screw on the end that goes into the barrel hole. Remove the plug spring and follower. Plug is under spring pressure. Drive the pin out of the barrel band just back from the front. Take out the screws from the forend cap.
Slide the tube forward an inch or so and move the magazine tube and forend sideways, band twists out. Ought to do it. On some you can just pull the mag. tube out after knocking out the pin from the band but that tends to scratch the tube.
Hope this gets it for you.

My barrel band bands have a screw, not a pin. So unscrew the band screw, don't try to pound it out.

Joe

oldhickory
12-09-2009, 01:20 PM
My barrel band bands have a screw, not a pin. So unscrew the band screw, don't try to pound it out.

Joe

Joe, I think you're talking about a carbine. This fellow has a rifle. All the rifle magazine tube rings I've ever seen had a small pin in them to help retain the tube.

Looseprojectile gave a correct response to the question...So did you, but for a carbine which is understandable since there's so many of them floating around.

StarMetal
12-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Joe, I think you're talking about a carbine. This fellow has a rifle. All the rifle magazine tube rings I've ever seen had a small pin in them to help retain the tube.

Looseprojectile gave a correct response to the question...So did you, but for a carbine which is understandable since there's so many of them floating around.

Oldhickory, thanks....I was indeed speaking of the carbines.

Joe

Hardcast416taylor
12-09-2009, 07:13 PM
looseprojectile. Thanks for the help. I wasn`t sure how the tube came out of the reciever, screwed or pressed in. I`ll try the removal later tonight. Robert