PDA

View Full Version : Dead!!

RMulhern
12-08-2009, 11:51 PM
This forum is 'deader' than a door-nail!!:veryconfu

docone31
12-09-2009, 12:00 AM
It ain't dead.
There is a massive storm where most of the posters are. I suspect they might be busy, or just plain tired.
I have met some darned fine people here. Lots of info.
Still got your rifle, bible, and Bowie on my screen. First thing I see.

Don McDowell
12-09-2009, 12:21 AM
So hows about you regail us with a story about your new scope setup on the 110?
Or hows about some more 1k work with the 50????
:bigsmyl2:

Buckshot
12-09-2009, 03:22 AM
.............A lot of folks this time of the year aren't shooting much. Lots of snow and otherwise poor weather.

..............Buckshot

missionary5155
12-09-2009, 06:38 AM
Good morning
And still sitting in trees launching sharp pointy oblects at corn munchers.

sav300
12-09-2009, 07:11 AM
And at 39c,I am not going shooting !Lube melts,powder gets soggy and gun goes poof!:kidding:

RMulhern
12-09-2009, 10:04 AM
It ain't dead.
There is a massive storm where most of the posters are. I suspect they might be busy, or just plain tired.
I have met some darned fine people here. Lots of info.
Still got your rifle, bible, and Bowie on my screen. First thing I see.

docone31

OK! This one:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/Sharps110/BPCR%20SHOOTING%20RELOADING/ShilohSharps74.jpg

RMulhern
12-09-2009, 10:10 AM
So hows about you regail us with a story about your new scope setup on the 110?
Or hows about some more 1k work with the 50????
:bigsmyl2:

Don

At 400 yds. with PP it's just PLUMB BORING!! Shoots 'em all in the same spot!! Dang range is so wet right now I can't go up there; don't want to rut the road up! Clear here this AM but these past few days we've probably had another 5" of precip!! I checked Ft. Laramie weather this morning early and your temps were showing -16F!! That would freeze the gonads off a brass monkey my friend!! Hope all your stock is outa that cold!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YA!!:castmine::holysheep

Don McDowell
12-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Rick its -20 here at the house. The cows are down in the south pasture, probably tucked up in the pine trees. Just hope they don't eat any needles......

How's about you do some spearminting with large pistol primers? Then show us the velocity numbers and accuracy????
You're about the only one around thats got temps a feller could shoot in.....

RMulhern
12-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Don

It's wet, wet, wet here! First day without rain in a week or so! Can't go to the range now because I'd bog down and rut the road up!!

As for working with a chrony.......I'd rather go to the ER and have a 5 gal. water enema blown up my butt; would be just about as much fun!! Tried using the Oehler I've had for a while now and with BP...I get all sorts of weird readouts!! No fun at all!!

Don McDowell
12-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Rick I never had much trouble with bp and my Chrony, but I did always keep it out at least 15 ft from the muzzle.

RMulhern
12-10-2009, 12:43 AM
I'll try it again when conditions are right! Might make me a plastic screen to shoot through!!

Don McDowell
12-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Just tape a smallbore target to the guide rods. That gives you an aiming point, and a smoke and wad stopper. The bullets going over the screens at nearly the same spot everytime helps get good readings.

Red River Rick
12-10-2009, 01:13 AM
This forum is 'deader' than a door-nail!!:veryconfu

RM:

That's because were all "FROZEN"!

This morning it was -30F, without the wind chill. Not much snow, about an inch, but it sure has been cold. Good thing is, when I go outside and step in dog sh^t, it doesn't stick to my boot!

If your bored and feel like freezin you "GONADS" off, grab the "BASTARD" and a case of that "DEAD GROUSE" and head up north, to winterland. We can go and see if the elk are movin, or just sip on the "Grouse".

Season's Greetings
:drinks:
RRR

cajun shooter
12-10-2009, 01:21 PM
RMulhern, You are correct on the rain my friend. We had 6 in in just two days and the creek that borders my property over flowed yesterday morning and flooded most of my yard. From the top of the bank to the creek bottom is 19 feet so you know how much water we had. We are forecasted with more in the next few days, no shooting going on at this time. Take Care and have a great Christmas everyone!!

dsmjon
12-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Just thought I'd pipe in here. Central NC, wore shorts and a Tshirt all day yesterday.. nearly 70 degrees in the afternoon!! :)

Suppose to be 25 tomm morning though :(

farmerfish77
12-10-2009, 01:30 PM
We had 4 above this morn and felt like a heat wave after -18 yesterday morn

montana_charlie
12-10-2009, 03:09 PM
We got some snow a few days ago, but not much. Trouble is, it was laid down with a strong north-west wind. That made the bulk of it fall in 'inconvenient places'.
The temperature fell along with the snow, and continued after the snow quit.

Because of the cold, I haven't been able to get a tractor to start...and the drifts make it tough to get feed for the cows.

Starting yesterday, the wind changed to the southwest...which is 'relocating' the drifts. The trails I was able to break out with a pickup are now impassable, again.
However, the temperature has come up to 20 above (instead of 26 below), so there is a much better chance of getting a tractor working.

After I get some traffic lanes cleared, I plan to toss some PP bullets into snowbanks...to see what they look like. That project is probably still a couple of days away...and depends heavily on getting all the necessary work done, first.

CM

1874Sharps
12-10-2009, 03:31 PM
I know what y'all mean about the bitter cold! We are having quite a cold spell here in South Texas -- it is in the mid 50s right now! Not to worry, though, it is forecast to be back up in the 70s by Monday. Sorry, I just could not help being a smarty and rub it in! Of course all of you up north will be laughing at me when I am sweating my rear off in the summer. Maybe the geese have it right and there is something in this idea of migrating. Merry Christmas to you, my friends!

Crash_Corrigan
12-15-2009, 10:32 PM
It got so cold here today that I had wear a sweater under my Motorcycle Jacket when I rode my Triumph around. Musta been down to somewhere in the 50's.

Of course this is a great place to live in from October to May. I will looking for a small cabin in them thar hills in Idaho, Montana or Wyoming in May.

Tazman1602
12-20-2009, 02:56 PM
No it's not dead, should be lively as a matter of fact since some of us are freezing our tush's off in four feet of snow. Can't get outside except on snowshoes and if I put those on with wife it's going to be a "lets get back to the cabin and make coffee and food" all day event, which, really, isn't as bad as I make it seem.

I am casting bullets by the hundreds out of boredom but the great thing about casting is if I get low on lead I just dump them back in the pot and start over. Great way to practice casting techniques but doesn't make for good forum talk!!!

AND, AND, AND, AND, AND...............DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON BPCR. Wife thinks I've lost my mind now with bullet casting and lever rifles and big bore stuff. Got one rifle from Bullshop I want to buy and now you've got me thinking about a dang Sharps -- except she likes shooting as much as I. In her words "Why don't you go to the bar? It would be CHEAPER....................."

<GRIN>

Tazman1602
12-20-2009, 02:58 PM
It got so cold here today that I had wear a sweater under my Motorcycle Jacket when I rode my Triumph around. Musta been down to somewhere in the 50's.

Of course this is a great place to live in from October to May. I will looking for a small cabin in them thar hills in Idaho, Montana or Wyoming in May.

You bugger. I'll put tire chains on my Roadstar and whup up on ya. Older I get, more better south and west starts lookin except for Kalifornia. I hope you get an icicle on your left nut.........<grin>

1874Sharps
12-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Taz,

Wahoo, come on down to Texas, I think you will like it!

Freightman
12-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Yea even here in Amarillo it is 65 today with no wind,What am I doing sitting here at the computer for. See yuall.

Tazman1602
12-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Taz,

Wahoo, come on down to Texas, I think you will like it!

I know I'd like it. I would need a front end loader to get my bike out of the barn this time of year up here. Problem is the economy is so bad and there are so many foreclosed homes in my county that if I went to sell my place I'd be LUCKY to get half of what it's worth............

65 degrees?????????? ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

LMAO!

Art

chuebner
12-20-2009, 08:26 PM
We had our last Blackpowder Match of the year this morning and it was so cold I had to put a sweatshirt on over my T-shirt and shorts. Our economy sucks bigtime also but at least we shoot year round. And to think I grew up in Wisconsin. Left in '66' and never looked back.

I feel for you guys in the ice and snow. How do you make it all winter without rangetime?

charlie

GOPHER SLAYER
12-20-2009, 10:07 PM
My wife and I went to Redlands on the 18th, that's ten miles west. It was 80 degrees. When we returned to Cherry Valley, it had cooled to 75. We do have beautiful weather in California but very few ranges in which to shoot. A friend gave me a very nice rolling block recently in 7mm and I have loaded 20 rounds using bullits Buckshot was kind enough to give me but I can't seem to find the time to drive the hundred miles plus round trip to the range to see how it shoots. I was born and grew up in Southeast Mo. I don't remember much snow but it was so humid it was bitterly cold in the winter. It was only 20 miles from the Mississippi River. I put in one winter there in 1955 after the Navy and headed back to California. It was paradise on earth in those days. You could walk around with a loaded gun on your hip back then. Don't you just love what liberals do for us? God protect us from friends coming to help.

Tazman1602
12-20-2009, 10:24 PM
We had our last Blackpowder Match of the year this morning and it was so cold I had to put a sweatshirt on over my T-shirt and shorts. Our economy sucks bigtime also but at least we shoot year round. And to think I grew up in Wisconsin. Left in '66' and never looked back.

I feel for you guys in the ice and snow. How do you make it all winter without rangetime?

charlie

Easy. "Walk out BASEMENTS"..........................................LMAO!