PDA

View Full Version : Sight upgrade for Mossberg slug barrels?

yondering
12-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Have any of you replaced the factory sights on Mossberg 500 slug barrels with something better? I have a smoothbore and a rifled barrel (thanks badge176!) with the factory mossberg iron sights on both; these are about the poorest iron sights I've ever used. A peep sight or fiber optic sights would be great, but just a standard flat or express type rear sight would help. Even just an aperture type replacement rear blade would be an improvement. I do have the skills to solder a new front sight on, so that's not an issue.

I see that some newer Mossberg slug barrels come with Williams sights; anybody know if those will interchange with the mossberg sights, or does the Williams sight require drilling and tapping the barrel?

SuperBlazingSabots
12-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Hello Yondering may I suggest just put a Bushnell Banner with BDC Dusk to Dawn scope for around $80 if you look around or without BDC for $ 70 and forget the iron sights.
Ajay Madan
www.PreciousVideoMemories.Com

yondering
12-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Nope. Just got rid of a cantilever scope mount barrel. I don't like them with the factory buttstock, and don't have any intention of installing a high comb stock on either of my mossbergs, I use them both for shot barrels as well.

Besides, I actually like iron sights, and shoot very well with them.

There's lots of good rifle sights out there, so I know there's possibilities. My question is if anyone here has upgraded their Mossberg iron sights, and how. Surely I'm not the only person here dissapointed with the Mossberg iron sights?