PDA

View Full Version : More Police Follies

wills
05-18-2006, 10:32 AM
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/printstory.mpl/special/crimelab/2085350

9.3X62AL
05-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Very sad. Whatever confidence that results from DNA analysis is the product of high-quality science, and high-quality people performing those scientific steps. People like that don't grow on trees, and the salary schedules of most crime labs don't attract first string players. Fact of life--you get what you pay for, and government agencies often don't understand that. Houston's experience is just "the chickens coming home to roost".

Bret4207
05-18-2006, 03:14 PM
I wonder if that job handing out carts at WalMart is still open.....

9.3X62AL
05-18-2006, 04:21 PM
My kids seem to think that "Wal-Mart Greeter" would be a fine thing for me to do. Now that their cars are fixed. They want me away from home during the day for some reason, which tells me that is EXACTLY NOT the thing to do.

wills
05-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Perhaps the automobile repairs ought to be contingent on an appropriate display of obsequiousness

Scrounger
05-18-2006, 06:49 PM
My kids seem to think that "Wal-Mart Greeter" would be a fine thing for me to do. Now that their cars are fixed. They want me away from home during the day for some reason, which tells me that is EXACTLY NOT the thing to do.

Well, Al, if you lived in a fine place like southern Nevada, you'd easily find employement at the big training range here, Fron Sight, or with the Sheriff's Office or maybe you could be an extra on the CSI series which shoots in Vegas. There are lots of jobs here for senior citizens, but you'd likely have to take a serious wage cut from your former job scale....By the way, I have a couple of CDs from Front Sight if you or anyone would like them.

Bret4207
05-19-2006, 07:58 AM
Ther's no way a real cop could work on the CSI set- the laughter and "NO WAY!!! would drown out the actors lines.

wills
05-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Al doesn’t need to work, he has his lucrative Peeplz Republik of Kalifornistan retirement, all he needs to do is escape to a decent place to live.