PDA

View Full Version : Lead fumes....

Bucks Owin
05-17-2006, 09:16 PM
No problem with this setup. This is an el cheapo "spray booth" from Harbor Freight Tools. Originally $79 marked down to $40 and then on a "1/2 price sale" I got it for $20! It's made in China, which is in Southern Kalifornia I think....(Or maybe it's Chino....) Anyway, cast in the house if you want!

This one is moving from the bathroom (where I was painting some model RR stuff this winter) out to the casting bench in the shop. It vents through an ordinary dryer vent from the hardware store. Slick huh?

Dennis

BTW, the ashtray under the Production Pot was there for testing purposes.... :-D

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/BucksOwin/fan001.jpg

Dale53
05-18-2006, 12:14 AM
Dennis;
You can do the same thing with the same flex pipe that you have bolted directly to the top of the pot with an "inline" fan with home made housing. I have a friend that did commercial bullet castign with automatic casting machines and each one had it's own hose. He made the fan housing from a large coffee can (buy the fan first, then size it to fit. Check your "specials" at your computer supply for a small fan. Doesn't have to have much pull but the "squirrel cage" type that you illustrate are the most efficient.

Incidentally, I LIKE your "spray booth".

Dale53

Frank46
05-18-2006, 03:24 AM
Dennis slick set up. Hope you have enough room to manipulate your molds and ladle or whatever else. I do mine in the garage with the garage door open halfway and the back door fully open. I get a good breeze that way. Have fun frank

Bucks Owin
05-18-2006, 03:13 PM
I normally cast outside in the breeze but am moving my casting operation into my reloading room in the shop. Then I can comfortably cast boolits when there's a foot of snow outside. Access with the bottom pour setup is no problem, all I have to "access" is the pour valve handle on the RH side of the pot....

Normally the "booth" would be positioned with the window on top, but it fits my needs better tilted up on it's side. Then I can position a desk lamp to shine through the window and have plenty of clearance above the furnace...

I like the coffee can/computer fan idea, that should work good also...

"Whatever gets the coon" :-D

Dennis