PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia score today...

Idaho Sharpshooter
12-07-2009, 02:37 AM
There was a gun show in a small town west of us. At the closing bell I picked up a Cameron Mfg Corp "Jordan" model multi caliber pistol reloading machine. 38/357 in four of the stations, and 44 magnum in the other four. Made in the late fifties, and just slicker than a handful of wolf guts on a door knob. Now to figure out how to post pictures.

Rich

:castmine:

scrapcan
12-07-2009, 11:22 AM
yep pictures would be great. you don't see many of these loaders.

Throckmorton
12-07-2009, 11:54 AM
I'd like to see it too,sounds pretty darned cool.

AZ-Stew
12-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Method 1.) Use the "Go Advanced" button for your reply post. Scroll down on that page and you will see a bar marked "Manage Attachments". Select it and a dialog will appear giving you the requirements for the photos (pixel size and file size) and a couple of boxes that allow you to select the location from which to load the photos. Upload them and you're good to go.

Looks like this: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpost.php?p=696340&postcount=24

Method 2.) If you have a web site, you can store your photos there and embed bigger photos in your posts that don't have to be clicked to enlarge them. You can also put explanatory text between the photos using this technique. Use the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the "Go Advanced" typing window.

Looks like this: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpost.php?p=715494&postcount=99

Both these posts were on the same thread. I learned how to do the second one in between the two postings. The second technique doesn't take up space on the Cast Boolits server, so you can post larger photos. The guys with dial-up service will hate you if you use it to post several 5MB photo files, though. Use a photo handling software to reduce the file size of all your photos before posting. 50-100KB can be a large, detailed photo without taking all day for the slow service users to download. All the photos in the second post are less than 80KB. There is a limit of 10 photos per post using this technique.

Regards,

Stew

Pressman
12-07-2009, 05:53 PM
I have a couple of them, one is for 218 Bee and the other I have yet to determine. The dies have NO markings at all.
One has a curious brass plaque which says it was custom made by Cameron Mgf for Phil Sharpe.
Ken

Catshooter
12-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Pressman,

I'd be careful, Phil would probably like his press back!

Cat