PDA

View Full Version : Garand scope mount

shotman
12-07-2009, 02:17 AM
B square makes a scope mount for the garand it is a side saddle how well do they work? I am guessing If you shoot different ranges it is kind of a windage thing.?

madsenshooter
12-07-2009, 09:46 AM
No more so than either the M1C or D. I had a mount at one time that positioned the scope over center, it retained a special clip that came with it, and you loaded it like a bolt action, seems like you had to have a rod to hold the bolt back while you loaded it, or you had to get real adept at holding the op rod back with one hand and loading with the other. The drilling and tapping for the mount was done behind the clip release, which was removed. Other than that system, the best bet for getting a scope on center would be a scout type mount. You're right about the B-Square, windage changes with different ranges.

TAWILDCATT
12-09-2009, 08:20 PM
I put one on a 94 win.I never could find a position that supported my head.took the blam thing off.I suspect that is why the leather cheek piece.

Coolhand
12-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Shotman, I also wanted a scope mount for my Garand but hated the offset mount. I purchased one of the S&K mounts and modified it so the scope would set centerline on the rifle. I installed one of the adapters for loading single rounds and the setup worked perfectly. The rifle also ejects flawlessly. It was a great hunting rig. I removed the mount when I started shooting the Garand matches. Be glad to furnish you pics if you want.