PDA

View Full Version : Cement mixer case tumbler

Dan Cash
12-05-2009, 05:49 PM
There has, from time to time, been discussion here on using a small cement mixer for tumbling cartridge cases. I think one or more members have tried the method so after having had time to use this system, how are the results?

Dan C.

oneokie
12-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Here is one example.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=42725

rockrat
12-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Some of the 50bmg shooters use these

deltaenterprizes
12-05-2009, 07:18 PM
A commercial loader I knew used a cement mixer lined with rubber to wash and tumble cases. I did it with some really dirty 223 brass and dish detergent in an old used cement mixer before my uncle sold it and it worked great, suds all over the place!

elk hunter
12-05-2009, 07:22 PM
I used one for ten or more years. If you load/shoot a lot it's a good way to clean lots of brass. The one I had I would put a five gallon bucket of brass in, followed by ten to twelve gallons of media, and turn it on, a couple of hours later put the top screen on, turn it upside down, run it for a couple of minutes over my catch bin to remove the media and then dump the brass.

Mine was a rather large mixer so there was lots of fall for the contents, hence lots of cleaning action as it turned, so it didn't take very long to clean.

Edubya
12-05-2009, 07:30 PM
A couple of the guys here on tis forum have built some ingenious tumblers with 5-gal plastic buckets. Seems a lot more reasonable size.
EW

No_1
12-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi Dan,

The link that Oneokie provided will give you plenty of info. Also search housedad as the user or click his name on the other thread and look at his other post. Are you tumbling bulk brass you intend on selling?

Robert

Dan Cash
12-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Hi Dan,

The link that Oneokie provided will give you plenty of info. Also search housedad as the user or click his name on the other thread and look at his other post. Are you tumbling bulk brass you intend on selling?

Robert

Thanks all for your input. Robert, I am polishing lots of my own brass and my existing tumblers are wearing out.