PDA

View Full Version : ??? Do Lee Handles fit anything else??

Russ in WY
12-04-2009, 11:13 PM
I have this Lee 2 cav 90341 & I noticed that the handles are attached with a rivet type pin. would it be worth the effort to remove the riveted pins & use the handles else where. maybe a problem to keep the pins / handles together again. Any advice appreciated. Russ.

RobS
12-04-2009, 11:36 PM
As they are the Lee 2 cavity handles will not fit any other current mold in production that I am aware of. You can though weld other metal to them for the desired thickness of the mold you want to fit them to. I've done this, but for a person who doesn't weld it would not be worth it.

missionary5155
12-05-2009, 06:29 AM
Good morning
I have removed Lee handles. Just drive out the roll pin. I used them on RCBS molds using a spacer to match the RCBS mold/ Handle channel plus drilling out the Lee holes to fit the RCBS screws. The depined Lee mold I then drilled and taped to take the RCBS thread. This was done down in Peru where I adapt what I have to keep going. It just takes time and is alot faster than making handles from scratch.

armyrat1970
12-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Good morning
I have removed Lee handles. Just drive out the roll pin. I used them on RCBS molds using a spacer to match the RCBS mold/ Handle channel plus drilling out the Lee holes to fit the RCBS screws. The depined Lee mold I then drilled and taped to take the RCBS thread. This was done down in Peru where I adapt what I have to keep going. It just takes time and is alot faster than making handles from scratch.

Interesting. A little Peruvian ingenuity! Nice tip.:smile:

dragonrider
12-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Lee handles will fit any mold with a 5/16" handle slot.

mooman76
12-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Not really worth doing as the Lee 6x handles will work and are cheap. If you have an old Lee mould that doesn't work that great and you are too impatient to weight it is doable. I took a bad Lee mould and removed it and used shims to make it fit. Not the best but it worked in a pinch.

Russ in WY
12-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Tks for the input guys. Think I will just leave them be for now, as I haven't tried the mold there are on yet, just picked it up cheap. Temps been fm [-] to single digits so not doing much casting for now. Merry Christmas to All. Russ.

Suo Gan
12-05-2009, 02:26 PM
In the Lee double cavity molds I own the pin is only sees the light of day on one side. Unless you drilled the block how would they be driven out?

mooman76
12-05-2009, 03:45 PM
The pins are set basically by crimping the aluminum mold block over the hole to keep the pin from falling out. You have to remove that crimp and they will fall out.