PDA

View Full Version : Mold Question

Iowa Fox
12-03-2009, 12:33 AM
A couple two three weeks ago the wife picked me up after work and we went to the gun show at Cedar Rapids. While I was checking out the TC stuff at the guys from Mason City my wife spies molds on the neighboring table.

I bee lined over and the guy had an Ideal 358395-Lyman 35891-and a unknown 4 cavity missing sprue plate all decent shape priced at five bucks each. I snagged the three thinking I will use the one missing the sprue for hot glue bullets. Funny part is the guy had a lot of 2 cavity plain jane Lees for 25 bucks each.

The more I look at the crazy thing the more I think it might be worth trying to find a plate for it. The cavities look very similar to my Lyman 452460. There is not a single marking on the mold blocks, I think it must have been on the sprue plate.

Is there anyone here making spue plates or that can quide me in the right direction? Or tell me to forget it and make glue bullets. The blocks looks like a Saeco style.

Thanks
JD

deltaenterprizes
12-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Pics?

gefiltephish
12-03-2009, 07:15 AM
Go ahead and cast a boolit or two so you can measure and post a photo along with those of the mold. You won't need to cut the sprue for this.

beagle
12-03-2009, 02:55 PM
May be a H & G 4 cav as they made several 4 cav .45 SWCs and the mould blocks were not marked or marked only with a two digit number. Get a picture and I'm sure one of these home machinist guys can knock you out a sprue plate for it. If it's an H & G which I suspect, you got a heck of a deal./beagle

Iowa Fox
12-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks guys for your help. I'll get some pics and post them.

JD