PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Tracker

Dale53
05-16-2006, 02:12 AM
I was out with a friend today who was buying handguns (he is a gun trader par excellence). He picked up a used by "like new" Taurus Tracker. It is in .45 Colt. I looked it over carefully (have yet to shoot it) and I was really impressed. It had a very nice single action trigger and the double action was smooth as silk. Everything about it said quality. Now, I have NO experience with Taurus revolvers and can make no statement about longevity. But-t-t-t, if they work long term half as good as they look, I'll find that VERY impressive.

I will probably get to shoot it in a few days. ...

Dale53

Bullshop
05-16-2006, 02:42 AM
I havnt heard any bad reports about thier 454's and they have been out long enough. If a revolver will loosen the 454 auta do it. But the raging bull frame locks at both ends too.
I got one for my shop. It was a sell out and a good price. Right out of the box like you said a nice single action pull and a smooth double. Its a 480 Ruger and a very accurate and easy gun to shoot. If I was a double action man I would be tempted to adopt it.
BIC/BS

350mag
05-16-2006, 02:52 AM
I got one for my wife in 45acp. Nice piece and I like the 5 shot moon clips. I have worked up some loads with the Lee 255gr swc and HS-6 that is a good shooter.
Ken

Swagerman
05-22-2006, 12:02 PM
I've had one in .45 Colt for a few years, it was a problem child after 10 shots the cylinder binded up and wouldn't open or close. It went to the warranty station in Florida and came back fixed...no new problems so far.

Nice shooter, capable of one inch groups at 15 yards with my weak eyes and shakey hands.

I love the .45 Colt caliber, but wish I had one in .44 special. And yes I know you can shoot .44 special in a .44 magnum one. I don't require another magnum revolver.

Jim

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/44and45/P6190010brightendup.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/44and45/P1250035closeupontarget.jpg