PDA

View Full Version : New toys

elk hunter
12-02-2009, 12:37 PM
When we visit our daughter and her family in Arizona my son-in-law and I like to visit the local gun emporium, the "Clifton Armory", as they always has something of interest. This time my son-in-law beat me to a very nice and reasonably correct 1903 Mark 1, I had to settle for a very decent 03-A3. Both had very nice bores. As soon as we got back to the house we had to try them with some Greek ball that I brought along. There is something very satisfying about repeatedly smacking a 24" diameter rock at 209 lasered yards, off hand. Both rifles passed the test handsomely. Can't wait to try the 03-A3 with my cast loads.

Mike Venturino
12-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Lucky! What town is Clifton Armory in? I was just down in AZ last week.

MLV

elk hunter
12-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Lucky! What town is Clifton Armory in? I was just down in AZ last week.

MLV

Mike,

The "Clifton Armory" is in Clifton, Arizona which is just below the Mogollon Rim in South East Arizona about 10 miles west of the New Mexico border and 30 miles North of Highway 10.

If you ever get near there you should stop in as Dave, the owner, specializes in collectable military weapons. You'll like him and his shop. I stop in every time I'm down here and almost always come home with something I want. He's only open on weekends.

Regards,

Elk Hunter

Buckshot
12-03-2009, 05:31 AM
..............Prescott has a few places too. Visited a buddy who lives there and we visited 5 gunshops. Not sporting goods stores that had guns, but 5 GUNSHOPS! One place had a beautimous '93 Spanish military rifle with a gleaming barrel for a very friendly price, but alas and alack, California is a contiguous state but our liberal *(&&^%#$ polititions won't go along with the federal contiguous state sales policy.

............Buckshot