PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart

flhroy
05-15-2006, 04:04 PM
This is not a bash against Wal-Mart. In fact its the opposite. A while back I acuired a sporterized Springfield model 1898 Krag. Since then I've been getting together stuff to assemble some ammo. I also have been looking for some factory rounds to use as a reference when I start to reload.
Well any way I've called all over the North Willamette Valley looking for factory rounds with no luck. Ive tried all the box stores even the few that have fire arms for sale. Mom & Pop gun stores Sportsmen Warehouse I thought for sure would stock it. Wrong not even a spot on the shelf for it. I asked a clerk and his answer was 'we dont carry that caliber'. Seems like the 30 40 Krag is long forgotten in the Willamette Valley.
This past week-end the wife and I went to Umatilla Oregon to see her mother for Mothers Day. The motel we stayed in was two blocks from a Wal-Mart Super Store in Hermiston, OR. First thing early Sunday morning I walked over there to see if just maybe they might have some factory 30 40 on the shelf after all this is cowboy country. Not only did they have the 30 40 on the shelf there were also powders, bullets, dies, presses, scales, primers,.... The selection wasnt all that great but if you needed something in a hurry you could probably find something to get you by.
With all the Wal-Mart slamming going on just wanted to give them credit here

Shepherd2
05-15-2006, 08:59 PM
The Wal-Mart in Marietta, Ohio has reloading tools and components too. Everything you need to start reloading a lot of the more popular cartridges. I was really surprised the first time I saw it. When I was in there last week it looked like they had expanded the reloading area a little.

omgb
05-15-2006, 09:58 PM
The WalMart in Stevenson Ranch CA has Brokeback Mountain and paintball guns. Not much else. What can I say.

RayinNH
05-15-2006, 10:10 PM
I was in the Walmart in Savannah Georgia last year and they had powder and presses and the rest. I was surprised to see this. The local Walmarts up here, the best I can find in terms of reloading is Pyrodex powder...Ray

Throckmorton
05-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Our small town of St.Helens, Oreogn also has all the goodies,even some brass.Their selction is small but at least they have what I use the most..unique and large pistol prmers.
Just don't try to buy a gun there,you;lll get verrrry tired of the blank stares.

buck1
05-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Ours only has the shotgun reloading supplies. ....Buck

carpetman
05-16-2006, 12:10 AM
San Angelo Wal Mart carries components and RCBS reloading equipment. They do not however,carry .20 cal(5mm)pellets. I contacted Wal Mart about this and got lip service. Was told they don't sell that size as they don't sell that size gun.

PatMarlin
05-16-2006, 12:14 AM
Last summer I bought powder and primers on sale at walmart in Susanville, Ca.

They did comment on the current manager wanted to drop all the reloading supplies.. :roll:

NVcurmudgeon
05-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Apparently individual store managers have the authority to stock anything they can justify by sales volume. Good to see that Wal-Mart isn't entirely suicidally PC.

DLCTEX
06-05-2006, 01:32 AM
Sweetwater, Tx. Walmart has reloading supplies and equipment at resonable prices.