PDA

View Full Version : Eye trouble, this might help?

Changeling
11-28-2009, 04:03 PM
First off I am not a doctor in any way or herbologist.
I did not go to a optometrist (eye doctor).
If you decide to try this, check with your doctor first to be sure the supplement doesn't interact with other medications and obtain your doctors approval. This is not the only supplement/vitamin I take.
This is not prescription medication.
Print this and show it to your doctor. I check with mine before taking anything.

About a year or so ago I decided to do something about my health in a positive way hopefully because I was so messed up from being hit in the rear by another driver. So I began to investigate vitamins and what they affected like C, D, E, and so on.
One of the vitamin supplements was called "Lutein" witch was relative to the eye. The problem I was having was not being able to see things clearly at distance and my eyes would get tired watching TV or working on the computer to long.

I took the Lutein for about 5 months or so before I realized there was a good difference in seeing things at a distance. I no longer have to wear eyeglasses/contacts.

This is an example: From the back of my house to a woods-line it is 235 yards. Before I could barely make out a ground hog near the woods or even closer. My neighbor used to say see that GH over there and I wouldn't be able to or just see a blob that started to move if I stared at it.
Now I have no trouble seeing them that far. I see hawks land in the trees over there. I sometimes can even discern grey squirrels running out into the edge of the field. Foxes are really plain to see. My eyes are not perfect but area lot better now.

This is not much for you guys to go on but I think it's enough to give you an idea.
I buy it at SAM's warehouse for $16.00 per 150 softgels. Costco near me doesn't sell it.

Some people I know have tried it and don't seem to have an improvement.

Edubya
11-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks for sharing that with us. I have been having problems with my sight and dry skin for several years now and when I looked up Lutein in a Google search, I found the following:
Lutein is an important natural antioxidant that may help your eyes stay healthy while maintaining the health of your skin. Learn More…
Lutein is found naturally in foods such as dark green leafy vegetables and egg yolks. Other lutein sources include vitamins and dietary supplements, as well as certain processed foods. Learn More…

http://www.luteininfo.com/

Changeling
11-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks for sharing that with us. I have been having problems with my sight and dry skin for several years now and when I looked up Lutein in a Google search, I found the following:
Lutein is an important natural antioxidant that may help your eyes stay healthy while maintaining the health of your skin. Learn More…
Lutein is found naturally in foods such as dark green leafy vegetables and egg yolks. Other lutein sources include vitamins and dietary supplements, as well as certain processed foods. Learn More…

http://www.luteininfo.com/

Thats the stuff. Just be sure you go to your doctor for an OK first. I didn't notice any thing with the skin but it's something I'll start watching. I have trouble with dry skin to but I've been the habit of using hand lotion on my ankles where ones socks rub and my hands and back. It's been so mild in Maryland so far might be the reason also.