PDA

View Full Version : I made a trade

dukenukum
11-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Traded an old army tent that I never use again for Remington 721 in 30-06.
now I need a scope ring set for my balfour scope. (right now it has a tasco ultra cheap on it)

Jack Stanley
11-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Now that sounds like a deal to be proud of !! I've always liked the looks .... or is it just the era those rifle were made in . Either way they are nice rifles .

Jack

SciFiJim
11-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Description: First truly modern centerfire rifle with the strongest bolt ever developed. Offered in long action only.

That is from the Remington website. It looks like you got the best of that trade.[smilie=w:. You can work up or down to your heart's content. That will be a fun rifle to work with.

stephen perry
11-29-2009, 01:30 AM
I have a Rem 722 which is same as 721 except 721 has a longer bolt. Who needs a damn leaking Army tent anyway. You can always go surplus an buy another. My 722 is in .222 Rem.

What I would do with any gun possibly 60 years old is run wet patches of solvent I use old Hoppes until your last couple come out brown, the color of a Hoppes patch. Might take 10-12 patches but you know you got out all the powder fowling.
Wey patch the barrel leave wet a couple days then brush 8-10 strokes a couple times and patch out with Hoppes again 2-3 wet patches. Dry patch a couple and then one last wet patch until you shoot and then wet patch dry patch a couple. This sounds like allot of work it is but you are giving that barrel the best chance to perform.
Done.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR :brokenima

PatMarlin
11-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Score!

Maybe a rebore to 358 Winchester? ....:mrgreen:

dukenukum
11-29-2009, 11:33 PM
I have a Rem 722 which is same as 721 except 721 has a longer bolt. Who needs a damn leaking Army tent anyway. You can always go surplus an buy another. My 722 is in .222 Rem.

What I would do with any gun possibly 60 years old is run wet patches of solvent I use old Hoppes until your last couple come out brown, the color of a Hoppes patch. Might take 10-12 patches but you know you got out all the powder fowling.
Wey patch the barrel leave wet a couple days then brush 8-10 strokes a couple times and patch out with Hoppes again 2-3 wet patches. Dry patch a couple and then one last wet patch until you shoot and then wet patch dry patch a couple. This sounds like allot of work it is but you are giving that barrel the best chance to perform.
Done.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR :brokenima

I done did that for sure but I gotta say this one was carried much shot little.