PDA

View Full Version : SAECO Molds

bruce381
11-28-2009, 03:34 AM
Hi new guy here but have been casting for years with lyman and LEE.
just hot a new SAECO 200gr SWC 45 acp mold and its great drops nice and sharp without any fooling with.

I do not see much here about SACEO mostly LEE and lyman what is thought of SACO?
bruce

dualsport
11-28-2009, 04:31 AM
I got a new #315 dbl. cav. this year, it works great.

Circuit Rider
11-28-2009, 06:10 AM
Bruce, I have one for 45 colt and one for 45/70. Did the Lee-Menting deal to them and they drop great boolits. Circuit Rider:cbpour:

deltaenterprizes
11-28-2009, 06:21 AM
In my opinion SAECO is one of the best.

cajun shooter
11-28-2009, 09:30 AM
The reason you don't see a lot about them is that they do the job from the start and require no learning curve. The Saeco molds(I have two) are the best factory mold made. You have to go to one of the custom molds to do better.

Lee W
11-28-2009, 01:05 PM
I have 6 four cavity Saecos. They do not need LeeMenting, Beagling or any other tricks to make them work.
They are expensive, but as you can see (by the lack of posts on how to fix them), they are worth it.

GLynn41
11-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Saeco makes good stuff- I had a 220 .41 K mold and wish I still did also the 245 gr .35 Saeco does well-- well made and they work well

Wayne S
11-28-2009, 01:24 PM
I have 6 four cavity Seacos. They do not need LeeMenting, Beagling or any other tricks to make them work.
They are expensive, but as you can see (by the lack of posts on ow to fix them), they are worth it.
2 eight Cav. several 3 & 4 cavity's Ditto, THRY ARE WORTH IT

cbrick
11-28-2009, 02:43 PM
I was one of SAECO's biggest fans, I have 25+ SAECO moulds and everyone of them perfect . . . until the last one. I called Redding and was told "qoute: tough, if you don't like it buy RCBS moulds". There were three other Redding products that I had a problem with and discussed with them (rather I attempted to) and was told they would NOT honor their written warranty. I posted all of this here on Castboolits which resulted in Redding writing emails to people that inquired about the post that called me "an idiot and a liar.

Buy from Redding if you must but be warned that if there is a problem you may well be on your own. I'm out $900.00

Rick

scb
11-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Saeco moulds IMHO are the best production moulds you can buy.

26Charlie
11-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Each mfgr. has advantages, and all do the job. Lee is lightweight, low cost. Lyman has all the designs in the world, especially the ones by classic old-time shooters like Keith (429421) & Loverin (311467) & before that, to the dawn of the smokeless powder era (311291, 311284), & black powder designs from the dawn of the cartridge era (424190, 457125). RCBS has designs which represent the improvements one would want to a Lyman design based on experimentation during the last 50 years 30-180-SP, 35-200-FN). SAECO has specialty designs for specific calibers and types (35 250 gr. GC, truncated cone noses for pistol bullets).

Try it - if you like a design, good. If not, trade it - it may work for someone else. I've only ever had one mould that inexplicably would not group, a Lachmiller design pistol bullet, and I sent it to RCBS who bought Lachmiller with an explanation. Out of the goodness of their heart they sent me back a 38-150-KT mould which I still have an d use; they didn't even have to respond.

bruce381
11-29-2009, 03:48 AM
thanks for all the posts I continue to learn a lot here,
Thanks
bruce

kirb
11-29-2009, 03:16 PM
I have alot of SAECO moulds got one this summer looked like a little rough handling some machine work I did not like. Gave them a call sent it back had a new mould in 7 days.

Kirb

quasi
11-29-2009, 06:37 PM
SAECO's are great molds, no tweaking is required with them.

sleeper1428
11-29-2009, 06:45 PM
I own 19 SAECO moulds - 4 4 cavity and the rest 2 cavity - and IMHO they are the best commercially produced moulds on the market today. By commercially produced I'm referring to mould makers such as Lee and RCBS and NOT to custom mould makers such as NOE, MiHec, LBT, Egan, Ranch Dog and others whose moulds are virtual perfection, head and shoulders above all the commercial moulds. SAECO moulds are a bit more expensive but if you want a mould that's as close to a custom mould as it's possible to get, you won't go wrong with SAECO moulds. And I've never had a problem with Redding as far as standing by their moulds. Just last year I began having a problem with one of my 4 cavity moulds, a 9mm RN, the problem being that I was having a great deal of difficulty getting well filled out bases. I called Redding and after a discussion of the possible causes, they had me send them my sprue plate for repair/replacement. Less than two weeks later I received a new sprue plate and tensioning washer in the mail, post paid and no charge for the new plate and hardware. Maybe I was just lucky but until I have a negative experience with the company, I'll continue to recommend SAECO moulds.

sleeper1428

quasi
11-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Redding's whole product line is top shelf . They are the best reloading tools made, I just wish they would make a Progressive press.

fredj338
11-30-2009, 09:17 PM
I have several for my Magma machine & they throw great bullets. A bit pricey, but take care of them & they'll last forever.

No_1
11-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Saeco moulds are good stuff. If you get bit by Saeco madness and decide to go on a buying spree please keep in mind that there are actually 2 kinds of Saeco's. The first kind (and best in my opinion) are the original Saeco's manufactured in California and then there are the ones made by Redding who bought Saeco out. The original Saeco's command a much higher price at the auctions than the Saeco's by Redding.

R.

bruce381
12-01-2009, 01:09 AM
thanks the one I just bought was from redding from graffs I like it cause without any fooling around it drops nice round sharp boolits from the start, also the molds is heafty.
bruce