PDA

View Full Version : Smith and wesson mold dipper?

thtwit
11-28-2009, 01:05 AM
I probably have this posted in the wrong place, but since I'm new here please have mercy!
During one of my scrounging outings I came across a couple of mold dippers and the owner accepted my offer.
One of them has stamped or molded into the bottom of the dipper. The Smith and Wesson logo I have not had any look finding anything on this dipper and would appreciate any help in getting pointed in the right direction to identify it and trace it's history? I have to believe that it began life Several years ago?
thtwit.

TAWILDCATT
11-28-2009, 09:36 AM
I have been into casting since 1937 and never heard S&W had any casting tools .
contact S&W customer service and inquire.best I can do.

Bradley
11-28-2009, 11:32 AM
During the depression they made a lot of unusual stuff so I suppose this is possible. The best place to find out would be http://smith-wessonforum.com/

thtwit
11-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks to both the of you for your response, I will follow up and post findings [if any] here.
If my nephew [he who runs computers] comes by before I figure out how? I'll have him post a picture of the bottom of the dipper.
Maybe it is just S & W and I am hoping it is Smith and Wesson?

Paul B
11-29-2009, 01:05 PM
It wouldn't surprise me any if S&W made that dipper. At one time Winchester made all kinds of stuff including an ice pick. I know because I have one. R. L. Wilson's book on Winchester has an entire chapter on non-gun stuff with the Winchester label.
Paul B.