PDA

View Full Version : Fired 45 Colt crimped blanks

smkummer
11-26-2009, 03:58 PM
I have over 100 of these. They are marked cmsa24 J B Blank. They are the crimped 45 LC blanks that appeared to have media in them for maybe shooting ballons? I suppose one could trim them to 45 cowboy length and reload them but what else could one do with the empties? thanks Mike

2ndAmendmentNut
11-26-2009, 04:04 PM
They are for Cowboy Mounted Shooting, where you shoot balloons at no more then 20ft as you run by on your horse.

You could trim them and use them with just primers and those plastic training bullets.

I would not use them for any real loads because of the fact that the flash hole has been enlarged to avoid primer set back with the light blanks.

BTW. If you find a way to trim them let me know how you did it. I tried it a while back when I was new to reloading but had rather poor results.

smkummer
11-26-2009, 04:16 PM
These appear to have the primer crimp in place like military rounds. I will have to deprime one and see if the hole has been enlarged. It makes sense that the primer would have to be crimped in place or the flash hole enlarged. thanks for the plastic bullet idea. No need to wreck good 45 LC cases when I have these. Yep, they have enlarged flash holes. Just good for blanks or plastic bullet loads.