View Full Version : Lee Classic turret W/3 hole turret

cigg52
11-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Just wondering if you can use the 3 hole die turret in the Lee Classic 4 hole turret ? A lot of the time I deprime and size my brass only and then run them thru the tumbler. Then I use a hand priming tool. I know you would need to use the index rod from the 3 hole press, but would it fit in the Classic turret press ?

mooman76
11-26-2009, 02:33 PM
I would think so but don't know for sure. Did you check the Lee web site to see if the 4 hole index rod part is the same part number for both the turret and classic turret?

lead-1
11-26-2009, 05:01 PM
The 3 hole turret has a hexagon index rod and the 4 hole turret has a square rod, also the parts that clamp onto the ram are different to accommodate the different index rods. You can remove the index rod from the press and index the turrets manually because either turret head will work in the press.

iron mule
11-26-2009, 07:03 PM
just leave the index rod out === that is the first thing i do with the classic turrent press -they have always been bad at staying in time and you can turn the turrent b hand quicker with less mishaps by hand
mule

geargnasher
11-26-2009, 09:01 PM
The die plates will interchange, and so will all the parts that make it go, but you have to aquire all those parts. Lots of folks "upgrade" to the 4 hole so the 3-hole stuff may be readily available used.

I have lots of 3-stage operations (.45 acp for one) and just use the 4th (3rd in sequence) station as a powder-check station with a homeade die.

Gear

cigg52
11-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, I am use to loading on my Redding T-7 and bought the Lee Classic mainly for 45acp, but I think to try tumbling with the spent primer in the the case and size and deprime and reprime in the first station

Super38
12-16-2009, 12:34 PM
I don't have anything in the forth hole but I use the time for checking the powder or grabbing the next case.

Super38