PDA

View Full Version : Now I've seen it all!

klcarroll
11-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Now I've seen it all: .....There's a guy on Ebay proudly selling "Lot of 12 lbs of lead/zinc bars used for making bullets or sinkers. "

He has GOT to work for the Government! - "Take what everyone else considers to be a problem, and declare it to be a FEATURE!!"

:groner:

Kent

Ricochet
11-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Rare, Vintage lead-zinc bars, no doubt. Highly desired by lead-zinc bar collectors.

38 Super Auto
11-25-2009, 10:59 PM
This reminds me of the newsgroups when I was at Delphi (Delco Electronics). There were posts on the for sale groups on the order of:

o Free firewood - it's currently in the form of dead tree in my yard - you cut it down, split it and haul it.

o Free used shingles - they are currently installed on my house - you remove and you haul

o Free organic fertilizer - it's currently in the form of effluent and sludge in my septic tank - you pump and you haul.

o Free mulch - its currently in the form of leaves in my yard - you rake, shred, and haul

:coffee:

Bill*
11-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Reminds me of another guy on ebay selling lead ingots FOR INVESTMENT

S.R.Custom
11-26-2009, 12:53 AM

You'll wish you had some when the patent on my transmutation machine goes through... ;)

HeavyMetal
11-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Anybody e mail that guy and ask about the Alloy percentages?

Mabye he "threw" the word "zinc" in there for some wierd reason!

JSnover
11-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Anybody e mail that guy and ask about the Alloy percentages?

Mabye he "threw" the word "zinc" in there for some wierd reason!

Sure he did. Anybody knows zinc will keep the lead from rusting!

Heh!

mooman76
11-26-2009, 11:00 AM
I think I know the guy. I bought a bunch of crimp grooves from him and they were and they were all defective. He refused to refund my money!

RU shooter
11-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Sure he did. Anybody knows zinc will keep the lead from rusting!

Heh!Yeah those are them "Galvanized" (G165 no doubt) lead ingots Very rare indeed:razz:

ra_balke
11-28-2009, 07:32 PM
I'll be happy to take it, I cast with zink/lead when ever I get enough to fill the lead pot, and I need some tin can shooting bullets in the 9mm.

Keep yur mould clean, and ...HOT, and be patient, you can cast with zink/lead.

madcaster
11-28-2009, 08:44 PM

Reckon he has heard of US?:bigsmyl2:

Jim
11-29-2009, 05:32 AM
I think I know the guy. I bought a bunch of crimp grooves from him and they were and they were all defective. He refused to refund my money!

That's what you get for not buyin' 'em "in-house" from Waksupi!:bigsmyl2:

Bert2368
11-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Shot makers actually like the increased surface tension from what we think of as Zinc "contamination". Different process, different needs.