PDA

View Full Version : #5 Jungle Carbine parts question

AnthonyB
11-25-2009, 04:14 PM
A buddy at work has a Jungle Carbine. The rear stock is not attached to the rifle and he has lost the bolt that attached it. From looking at the Numrich schematic, it looks like he needs a stock bolt and stock bolt washer. Are any other parts required? This is my first Enfield project and I don't know anything about them.
Tony

docone31
11-25-2009, 04:27 PM
It is simple.
You will need the bolt, washer. You will also need an extension to fit on a rachet wrench. It will take a slot head screw driver.
You might have a long, long screwdriver that will administer the torque, but I found and extension does the trick.
The Enfield had a Leather washer also, but I have not found the need for it. It just floated around in the bolt hole.
Good luck, they are a lot of fun.
While the rear stock is off, you might look at butt length. They come in three sizes. Not that expensive. A good field pad for a butt pad, and it feels like a .22.

richbug
11-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Springfield Sporters is a better parts source. You actually get what you order. Shipping is reasonable.

www.ssporters.com

They have NEW #5 surplus rubber butt pads that are actually soft for $10. I got one a week or so ago, if you have the stock off you should really change the pad, your shoulder will thank you.