PDA

View Full Version : Spare parts for lyman tang sights ???

konaaahbend
11-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Hey there, workin on my Marlin 1895 and chose to use a lyman tang sight, got a good deal on it and now I know why. It has no mounting base for the Marlin. I really don't want to use up this sight on my 1949 Ithaca and spend the hard (actually, very, very, very hard) earned money on a whole new sight. Does anyone know of a web sight or person who has spare parts for sights like this ? It's just the little rounded base with one tapped and two drilled holes in it to cover the serial number. And if anyone has any other choices of sights for this gun, I'd love to hear about them !!!! Thanks, Gordon

ReloaderFred
11-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Try contacting Lyman directly for the parts you need. I'm sure they will be able to help you out. A phone call is probably better than an e-mail.

Hope this helps.

Fred

doubs43
11-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Hey there, workin on my Marlin 1895 and chose to use a lyman tang sight, got a good deal on it and now I know why. It has no mounting base for the Marlin. Thanks, Gordon

Sadly, the 1895 Marlin tang has only the one screw and any decent tang sight will require a second screw. I put a Marble's tang sight on my 1895 and a good friend with the necessary skills - and equipment - drilled & tapped the second screw hole for me.

A phone call to Lyman will hopefully solve your problem. The 1895 Marlin is a fine rifle and a good tang sight will help to bring out the best accuracy.

Newtire
11-24-2009, 12:13 AM
I put a Tang sight on my '93 and Buckshot made me the necessary Tang screw that was long enough to go thru the adapter. Check with him maybe...That little Marlin is a real shooting machine now.