PDA

View Full Version : LEE customer service.

SCIBUL
11-23-2009, 04:23 AM
Hello all !
Like it's said on my avatar, I live in France. A few month ago I ordered a 6 cav. LEE 7mm Soup Can mold. I ran the pot to try this and made a little quantity of boolits. The mould was OK and the boolits shot very good out of my 7x64 and 7-08... So I planed to make a big pile of these Soup Can :lovebooli

The problem came when I was casting the first samples and heating the mold. I was opening it when the caming handle broke like a piece of glass :killingpc ... The WW metal was hot so I made C-309-200-R boolits for my K-31:holysheep
The next day I dent a e-mail to LEE to explain this, saying I could send pics if they desire. They answered in the 10 minutes saying that was OK for pics so I sent them. They answered again saying they will soon send me two replacement items. I received them last weeck and I'm pleased. Now I only have to make a little LEEmenting on my mold to make it perfect :drinks::drinks::drinks:

Shiloh
11-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Good for you and for LEE.

I always have spares on hand. Open a few seconds after the sprue cools. These parts are cheaply made from some sort of cast iron alloy. It'd be great if they were machined or stamped, but the price would be a lot more.

Shiloh

DevilDog83
11-23-2009, 08:52 AM
I use the Lee handpriming tool all the time. I tend to break the handle part about every 3,000 primers or so, and when I get a few broken ones, I send them back to Lee, and they send me free replacements. The parts are cheap but they work great and the customer service is great