PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 40/10mm 180gr. jacketed bullet

Harry
11-22-2009, 01:43 PM
I can't find load data for this jacketed bullet. I have looked in the Lyman 49th ed reloading handbook and the 2008 Hodgdon annual reloading manual. They do list 180 jacketed HP's. I plan on loading these for a 40 S&W XD. Would it be OK to use those listed loads for HP's, since the cal. and weight are the same? Or, if someone could direct me to a source for this specific bullet load, I would appreciate it. I did searches on the manf. website and also Googled, to no avail. Being a newbie, I don't want to take any chances due to ignorance.

Calamity Jake
11-23-2009, 09:52 AM
I can't find load data for this jacketed bullet. I have looked in the Lyman 49th ed reloading handbook and the 2008 Hodgdon annual reloading manual. They do list 180 jacketed HP's. I plan on loading these for a 40 S&W XD. Would it be OK to use those listed loads for HP's, since the cal. and weight are the same? Or, if someone could direct me to a source for this specific bullet load, I would appreciate it. I did searches on the manf. website and also Googled, to no avail. Being a newbie, I don't want to take any chances due to ignorance.

I dought winchester is making this bullet, there buying it from someone.
Yes it is ok to use load data for the same weight HP bullet

Harry
11-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks, I just wanted to be sure.

MT Gianni
11-23-2009, 12:29 PM
As long as the overall length/bearing surface is the same or close the data should be interchangeable. You run into problems with the Barnes/Sicorroco solid copper bullets because of the weight difference. You are OK with that one.