PDA

View Full Version : electric scale

hiram
11-21-2009, 11:26 PM
I saw 2 digi view scales. One is the dw 100 AS and the other is the 100 AX. Both are 1542 gn and accurate to .2.

Has anyone checked these out or used them and can comment on the preferred model?

The AS has the display towards the back of the scale and the AX has the display to the front.

Are the displays the same size; if not, which one is larger?

Thanks

mike in co
11-22-2009, 12:30 AM
.2 means plus or minus .2 which means up to a .4 variation...not even good enough for sorting boolits.....

do a search on scales....it has been disscussed

mike in co

cajun shooter
11-22-2009, 09:54 AM
hiram, I became upset with my RCBS scale breaking and having to send it back. I purchased the Digi-Weigh 100AS and was thrilled with it. It comes with check weights and I now own 3 of them. I can tell you that I was sceptical at first. I have checked these scales with three beam scales with the best being my 1010 and they are to the 10th of grain. I put a charge of 6.2 titegroup on the 1010 and then receive the same reading on the 100AS. I now have these scales by my casting, reloading and ammo benches. I'm from the old school and still check with a beam scale now and then but have yet to find them wrong. I've received great service from a Jeremy Wetch at Digiweigh-scales.com or he has a number of 717-254-0675

August
11-22-2009, 11:31 AM
.2 means plus or minus .2 which means up to a .4 variation...not even good enough for sorting boolits.....

do a search on scales....it has been disscussed

mike in co

Further, often accurate to .2 means the display will show you readings to .2, rather than the scale actually being able to measure that fine.

I remain unconvinced that there is a cheap AND accurate electronic scale.

stephen perry
11-23-2009, 01:53 AM
Electronic Scale pocket size. Bruno's sells these for about $110. Has a zeroing key. Reads in .1's. Runs on battery. I pack it in my BR kit.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR :brokenima

Calamity Jake
11-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Further, often accurate to .2 means the display will show you readings to .2, rather than the scale actually being able to measure that fine.

I remain unconvinced that there is a cheap AND accurate electronic scale.

+1 for August

Spend the $s and get a Pact. I love mine.

JMO, YMMV

Shooter6br
11-23-2009, 11:51 AM
I second the Pact scale Never a problem It is 10 yrs old