PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had any luck

Rockchucker
11-20-2009, 05:45 PM
retrofitting (sp) a set of lee 6 cavity handles to fit a RCBS 2 cavity mold? I'm not really wanting to pay 30.00 for new set if I can either trade these handles or buy a used RCBS set. Seems like awhile back someone on this forum made handles,any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wally
11-20-2009, 05:50 PM
I did this---you have to grind the lee handles to fit the slots in an RCBS mould...I seem to recall that I also had to drill holes in the appropriate place as well---later just I bought the RCBS mold handles. I am still gald that I did....

walker77
11-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Kinda, i had to put mine on a bridgeport mill and milled a little off to fit my lyman molds.

11-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Rockchucker,

The Lee 6-cavity handles require jsut a few minutes with a file, to make them fit RCBS moulds. The Lee handles will fit Lyman moulds without any modification. There isn't a need to drill an extra set of holes for either RCBS or Lyman moulds.

Rockchucker
11-22-2009, 12:49 PM
This morning I took the lee handles apart, put them in a vise and filed them flat on each side for a perfect fit to the RCBS mold. The holes aligned to a perfect fit also. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.
Ron

captaint
11-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Rockchucker - Red River Rick makes the handles, for just about eveything. And really nice too. Enjoy Mike