Does any one know were to get Dillon Die Nuts

$1.10 each or 5 for$4.15

or just Die nuts

1"X7/8x14

Shipping is a killer at Dillon

Thanks

Dale53
11-19-2009, 11:07 AM
My solution was just to buy as many items at once, from Dillon AND elsewhere to minimize the shipping cost per item. Not necessarily the best way but it does help.

I have changed all of my die nuts (many different calibers and die sets) over to the small Dillon nuts. That makes it MUCH easier to adjust the flaring die and any other adjustments that need to be made while the dies on in the tool head.

FWIW
Dale53

sleeper1428
11-19-2009, 06:07 PM
My solution was just to buy as many items at once, from Dillon AND elsewhere to minimize the shipping cost per item. Not necessarily the best way but it does help.

I have changed all of my die nuts (many different calibers and die sets) over to the small Dillon nuts. That makes it MUCH easier to adjust the flaring die and any other adjustments that need to be made while the dies on in the tool head.

FWIW
Dale53

I did exactly the same thing. Figured out how many of the new, smaller nuts I'd need, added in an additional couple of packages just in case I add some new calibers in the future and then ordered them all at the same time along with several other items that I needed or might need in the future such as powder dies and some repair parts for my RL550B. Only one shipping charge that way. I try to do the same with my orders from Midway as well.

sleeper1428

dragonrider
11-19-2009, 07:28 PM
I can suggest buying some "jam nuts" from MSC. they are half the thickness of an ordinary hex nut, perhaps thincker than a die nut but not by much. They might be about $0.40 each. They are priced by hundred but packaged by 15, so perhaps it is possible to buy one package. That would be about $6.00 maybe $12.00 with shipping. Just a thought.

deltaenterprizes
11-19-2009, 07:42 PM
I made some by boring and taping some 3/4'' water pipe.

peter nap
11-19-2009, 08:08 PM
I just bought a bunch at the local Sporting Goods store.

anachronism
11-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Grafs or Brian Enos probably have them.

Rick459
11-20-2009, 12:54 PM
dcp,
how many do you need? i might have a couple of extra ones laying around. will look in my stuff when i get back from the range. if i find any there yours.

Rick