PDA

View Full Version : Got my 454 Raging Bull today!

Dogg
11-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Picked up my Raging Bull from the dealer this morning. Haven't fired it yet but must say I am impressed with the finish ( blue and case ardened), On hammer drop the cylinder is locked tighter than any of my Smiths. The grip fits my hand pretty much perfectly even though I prefer a nice looking wood. And the complaining about opening the cylinder with the two latching system doesn't really pose a problem because I always open the cylinder out with the left hand , so the thumb is right there anyway. Now if it will shoot up to expectation I will be a happy camper. :bigsmyl2:

leftiye
11-18-2009, 06:31 PM
My Ragging Bool is the most accurate peestola I have. Enjoy! And send pictures (if the groopz are small enuf).

Dogg
11-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Does anyone know if there is a speed loader made for the Bull? And maybe some nice wooden grips?

Dale53
11-18-2009, 09:01 PM
>>>And maybe some nice wooden grips? <<<

I wouldn't have a nice looking pair of grips for my .454 Raging Bull if you GAVE them to me. The Bull grips are, by far, the best grips in the WORLD if you are going to shoot your handgun. They are MUCH better designed that any other handgun manufacturer. I am not much of a Taurus fan (although I DO like my two Raging Bulls) but they sure have the grip design for a "heavy hitter" down pat.

FWIW
Dale53

RobS
11-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Good to see you are happy with your purchase. I actually have two 454's and one is a Taurus. I don't know about the speed loader, but I will tell you that I would much rather prefer the rubber grips as they take the sting out of this caliber. Shooting more than 10 rounds of mid to full house loads with wood grips would be very painful in my opinion. The 454 is a nice round to sling some heavy chunks of lead around. Have fun with your new revolver!!!

Dogg
11-18-2009, 10:16 PM
DALE53 if by some chance someone gives you some nice wooden grips please re-gift them to me, LOL I have had plastic, fibrglass and rubber stocks on everything for the last 40 years. But as I've aged I like the look and feel of nice wood, getting ready for a nice wooden casket in the future. Anyway it also kinda goes along with why do I want to re-chamber my .458 Win mag to a Lott. And why did I have a 460 Weatherby and shoot ground hogs with a .375 H&H. Actually probably won't shoot that much .454, got the Bull to be able to shoot 45 colt with my rifles. Actually haven't shot a revolver in years, kinda partial to .45acp autos. But maybe it's time for a change!

theperfessor
11-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Maybe a speedloader for a Model 25 S & W in .45LC might work. Maybe somebody could loan you one to try out.

Heavy lead
11-18-2009, 11:04 PM
Maybe a speedloader for a Model 25 S & W in .45LC might work. Maybe somebody could loan you one to try out.

The raging bull is a 5 shot cylinder.

44man
11-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Picked up my Raging Bull from the dealer this morning. Haven't fired it yet but must say I am impressed with the finish ( blue and case ardened), On hammer drop the cylinder is locked tighter than any of my Smiths. The grip fits my hand pretty much perfectly even though I prefer a nice looking wood. And the complaining about opening the cylinder with the two latching system doesn't really pose a problem because I always open the cylinder out with the left hand , so the thumb is right there anyway. Now if it will shoot up to expectation I will be a happy camper. :bigsmyl2:
That is just not nice! :kidding:
Now you will keep us in stitches waiting to see how it shoots.

jack19512
11-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Now you will keep us in stitches waiting to see how it shoots.

I'm interested in a report also. When I purchased my Ruger SRH 454 the Raging Bull was my other choice.

kevbo
11-24-2009, 05:00 PM

According to http://www.hksspeedloaders.com/SpeedloaderPage.html
The HKS #25-5 should work.

The raging bull is a 5 shot cylinder.

And the Smitty is a 6 shot so this just can't be right.

I have some 5 Rd. HKS loaders I use with the RB, but the hole spacing is a little tight. They will start the rounds in, but bind up before the loader reaches the cylinder.... no problem, just twist the knob and let gravity finish the job. I'll check when I get home on the HKS model number and edit this post.