PDA

View Full Version : RCBS X Die

walker77
11-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Im using a rcbs x die short base for 223 with a hornady lnl progressive. And i cant seem to get the bell to reshape. Looking at a factory load and mine it looks bowed instead of straight like the factory bell. I have screwed the die all the way down to the shell plate. And the cartridge is fitting really tight in my AR and wont chamber all the way on my kel-tec plr-16. Anyone else have a problem like this?

Duckiller
11-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Call RCBS tomorrow! They will walk you through a fix. Have .22 Hornet x-dies that I initially had problems with. RCBS told me how to fix. It took me a little longer to hear and understand what they were telling me to do. They work fine now. I believe you have small base not short base dies. I also have and use RCBS small dase dies for my .223. Not sure what you mean by the bell not reshaping. Only problem I have had is if the seater die is set too low the shoulder is set back and expands. I don't screw either all the way down to the shell holder. RCBS phone no. is 1-800-533-5000. I have found them very helpful.