PDA

View Full Version : cadet martini

W. E. Zorn Jr
11-14-2009, 09:08 PM
I have a cadet in pretty good shape, it is orginal as far as I can tell and I want to keep it that way. Is there anyway I can improve the sights so I can see them better. I am of the age that my eyes don't see iron sights that well. I have brass and boolits coming and will welcome any suggestions. Thank you Bill Zorn

jbunny
11-14-2009, 09:32 PM
I have a cadet in pretty good shape, it is orginal as far as I can tell and I want to keep it that way. Is there anyway I can improve the sights so I can see them better. I am of the age that my eyes don't see iron sights that well. I have brass and boolits coming and will welcome any suggestions. Thank you Bill Zorn
hi Bill get some cheap reading glasses that u can see the sights with. this will
probbaly make the target blurry but u will be surprised how well u can shoot that way.
regards
jb
ps, i'm in the same boat as u.

curator
11-14-2009, 10:30 PM
4.5 grains of Unique or 11 grains of Alliant 2400 and the 120 grain .320 heeled boolit cast of wheel weight alloy is the ticket for my cadets. I have the same one I bought at Simpson-Sears in Guelph, Ontario in 1957. It didn't get shot much after I ran out of the original ammo that came with. Great guns; no better rifle to introduce a young shooter to centerfire shooting. Lots of info on them at british militaria and martini web sites.

PAT303
11-15-2009, 03:21 AM
Look up on ebay and you'll find plenty of Parker Hale reciever sights for martini's,I bought one a week ago for $30 Aus. Pat

sav300
11-15-2009, 06:36 AM
Welcome to the site and enjoy the Martini cadet.

bob208
11-15-2009, 10:53 AM
i have a few cadets myself. is the rcbs mold right for them it is listed in the 310 section on midways site and i know they take a 320 bullet.