PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Dies....

jdgabbard
11-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Ok, went to the Tulsa Gun Show today. I had a few things on my list to watch out for. And .380acp dies were among the list. So I ran into a set of Pacific Dies Durachrome dies for $20. It says on the box their a division of Hornady. So I'm assuming their keepers...yes I did buy them.

Tell me something about these dies... You guys used them before? You like them? They are in prestine shape. A few oily finger prints on the instruction booklet. But other then that EVERYTHING is like brand new...

TAWILDCATT
11-14-2009, 10:29 PM
are they carbide sizing dies.pacific morfed into hornady.so they are old.

Guesser
11-14-2009, 10:47 PM
I have several sets of Pacific dies, they all work if you follow their specific instructions. My 45 ACP/45 AR dies are Pacific carbide, good dies. Every brand has its own little differences from every other brand, just read and follow.

stephen perry
11-15-2009, 12:34 AM
I have several sets. Good as anyothers I have. Use and clean when needed.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR :brokenima

jdgabbard
11-15-2009, 05:58 AM
are they carbide sizing dies.pacific morfed into hornady.so they are old.

They are the "Durachrome" line... Other than that I can't tell you...

Gary51
11-15-2009, 08:54 AM
I would be cautious about being carbides. Not all Durachrome Pacifics are carbides and I believe Durachrome refers to the external chrome finish. Look for the insert ring at the die mouth opening to confirm if carbide or not. They are decent dies.

Jal5
11-15-2009, 09:45 AM
I have 2 sets of the Pacific Durachrome, neither are carbide though. You need to lube the cases. Good sets though. I think they must be from the 1980s or thereabouts.

Other than the extra step of lubing use them like any other die.

jdgabbard
11-15-2009, 05:03 PM
They don't say carbide on them anywhere... However, if it helps, they look to have the same finish as my RCBS Carbides...