PDA

View Full Version : Redding Press

KCSO
11-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Here is one I have mever sseen before. A fellow sold me this press and a full set of shell holders for $25.00 and threw in a couple of Lyman deburring and flash hole tools. It will be interesting to try this one as it looks to have good leverage.
I was thinking of mounting it on a board for use in deer camp.

dromia
11-13-2009, 12:48 PM
I'd put a lottery ticket on mate, your luck is in. :D

Nice looking press, looks like the same principle as the Wamadet.

Le Loup Solitaire
11-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Once upon a time in a galaxie far away that was my first reloading press. It was a compact affair and used standard 7/8X14 dies. It sprung(flexed) like a diving board, but loaded good ammo. It isn't a strong press in terms of reforming or swaging, but otherwise gets the job done. You didn't mention the priming posts and I assume that you have them otherwise locating tham could be a treasure hunt. It looks like it is in good shape and certainly worth the $25 especially with the shell holders. You could attach it to a small board and bring the arrangment anywhere, but also bring along 2-3 good C clamps to hold things down. LLS

Shooter6br
11-13-2009, 10:31 PM
HAVE MY FATHERS hERTERS no 1 PRESS. vERY HEAVY Had to get an adaptor for standard shell holders.

Bent Ramrod
11-13-2009, 10:45 PM
KCSO

The Redding Standard Reloading Press showed up in the first edition of the Handloader's Digest in 1961 and seems to have hung on until 1964 or so, when it was replaced by the Redding Standard C Press. Redding became Redding-Hunter a few years later and the press designs proliferated but that first design didn't come back. It cost $22.50 throughout the time it was offered for sale, which was six bucks or so more than a basic C press cost at the time.

KCSO
11-16-2009, 11:35 AM
I did get an instruction sheet from Redding for this press. I appreciate the information. According to Redding they no longer recommend this press for full length sizing, "as parts are no longer available". I got 12 shell holders with the press and I can only see that I willl ever use two, 30-40 and 30-30.