PDA

View Full Version : Bad, Good, Yin, Yang, Pain, Pleasure

BruceB
05-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Now, THERE'S a mixed-bag title for a thread.

BAD: a molar has been on the prod for a couple weeks, but on Saturday it really cut loose on me... I could feel every pulsebeat in that sucker, and it hurt. Called the weekend emergency number.

GOOD: They got me in at 8:00am today, because I'd said I could wait until Monday.

BAD: The tooth has to come out, and the one next to it looks dicey. Appointment made for 3:30 this afternoon.

GOOD: Never one to stay home when I could be shooting, I headed for the open country for several hours of CB shootin'.

BAD: The .338s were very un-cooperative, in spite of fairly decent conditions. I managed to clip a diffuser support off the screen assembly with a 308-grain NEI boolit...it wasn't a fair match-up.

GOOD: Miz Liz shot beautifully, putting 311299s neatly inside an inch from fifty yards.

BAD: Back to the dentist, an HOUR AND A HALF in the chair, both teeth having to be cut into pieces before removal, (yeah, I lost the second one), seven stitches to close the crater, liquid diet for a day or two and soft food for a week.

VERY GOOD: I have a half-gallon of vodka and several jugs of Clamato juice. Never lived on a "Caesar diet" before, but by gum I'm gonna give it a try now!

(hic!)

kodiak1
05-08-2006, 10:47 PM
BruceB A man's got to do what a man's got to do. Was that a whole week of liquid diet? If it is you could be one severely hung over CB shooter after digesting all that Clam Juice.

Am sorry to hear about you loosin the tusks though. I have the same problem hate dentist's.
The first one I went to as a kid I am sure was DR. Mengalla from Aushwitz.
Man could he inflict pain and hell I was only about eight, hated dentist's ever since.
Good Luck Ken.

NVcurmudgeon
05-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Bruce, since I conquered acrophobia by becoming a windmill repairman, the only thing I fear is dentists. I feel your pain. I see that it's not all bad as you have prudently put yourself on the delicious and antiseptic Caesar diet. For an inspiring read see the story about the rescue of the two Aussie miners. It won't do a damn thing for your toothache, but it is a real feelgood for those who come from mining families. Regards, Bill

keeper89
05-09-2006, 12:29 AM
Bruce, I know EXACTLY where you are coming from.....in fact, I go in next wednesday for an abscess scrapeout on a three year old root canal job....I didn't know that Jesus lives in the back closets of dental clinics until they clipped the nerve on that root canal....but he popped out and he was NOT happy to see me....he was even LESS happy when I spent two hours getting a wisdom tooth jackhammered out....I guess the damn thing was connected to my hip......good luck brother and remember to keep that thing well moistened with the appropriate antiseptic......:drinks: